• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Music In The Independent Baptist Churches

• Members

No, I would not refuse to listen to a woman preacher because I'm afraid of others or because of tradition. I would walk out on a woman preacher because she is acting in direct disobedience to God. Were I to stay, my silence would be acquiescence to her disobedience, and I may also be guilty, by my example, of providing a stumbling block to those who may be watching my response. Furthermore, I would expect no blessing of God on her preaching. He would certainly not teach me anything through my disobedient listening should I stay.

You guys are amazing, walking out. I will ask the Lord to forgive you guys.

• Administrators

:ot:

As John said, TGL, a woman is not to preach.  If there is a service where a woman is "preaching," it is 100% anti-scriptural, and Christians need to stand against wrong.  I, too, would leave a service where a woman is "preaching," just as I would leave a service where a man was preaching heresy (and the "I" is actually a "we" because my husband would be leading me outta there...)

And, FWIW, you don't have the power to seek forgiveness of others from the Lord.  That is an individual thing, between each person and Christ.  And if they are sinning, God will convict.  

Anyhoooo....this is far from the OP.  Let's get back to the discussion of music in Independent Baptist churches.

:11backtotopic:

• Members

Can she lead in the Music? I guess not too...  :(  Who need them anyway.

Ahhh, back to music! In most churches a woman can lead in music, they can sing, they can participate. It's not a matter of "us" not allowing a woman to do things because she's a woman, the issue is a matter of obeying the Word of God. The Word is clear women are not to preach, but the Word doesn't say that women are not allowed to sing or lead the music.

As far as I know, most IFB churches don't have worship leaders and most don't have music leaders, though typically the function of one falls to someone involved with the music. In our church we stand up and sing the hymn with no real need for anyone to lead anything, other than the pastor or associate pastor saying, "now let's sing 'name of song', page 101 in our hymnal".

• Members

Ahhh, back to music! In most churches a woman can lead in music, they can sing, they can participate. It's not a matter of "us" not allowing a woman to do things because she's a woman, the issue is a matter of obeying the Word of God. The Word is clear women are not to preach, but the Word doesn't say that women are not allowed to sing or lead the music.

As far as I know, most IFB churches don't have worship leaders and most don't have music leaders, though typically the function of one falls to someone involved with the music. In our church we stand up and sing the hymn with no real need for anyone to lead anything, other than the pastor or associate pastor saying, "now let's sing 'name of song', page 101 in our hymnal".

How about, Just as I am Lord.  :)

• Members

There you go again, wishy washy!

For some reason every time I read that it reminds me of the song we sang in kindergarten.

"This is the way we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes. This is the way we wash our clothes, early in the morning."

• Members

I do not stay around those who disobey God, & women preaching & or teaching men is disobeying. Why. Because God tells me not to.

2Th 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

Edited by JerryNumbers

• Members

I would, honestly, be uncomfortable with a woman leading music during a worship service, just as I would be women taking around the offering plates, leading the Lord's Supper, or closing the service with prayer. I once attended a SBC that had a female music leader, and it made my spirit feel unsettled having a woman being in a position of authority and ministering to the church through the music. I do, however, very much enjoy being able to sing in my church choir :)

• Members

I would, honestly, be uncomfortable with a woman leading music during a worship service, just as I would be women taking around the offering plates, leading the Lord's Supper, or closing the service with prayer. I once attended a SBC that had a female music leader, and it made my spirit feel unsettled having a woman being in a position of authority and ministering to the church through the music. I do, however, very much enjoy being able to sing in my church choir :)

I can understand that. Much of what passes for "music leader", or "worship leader" in some churches, goes beyond simply helping folks know what songs we are going to sing and then starting it off.

While I know they are out there, I've never attended an IFB church that had a woman music leader. I've been in some where a woman would sometimes announce the songs and hymnal numbers and that was it.

In our church it's usually our pastor or associate pastor who leads the music, but even then that mostly amounts to telling us what hymn we are going to sing, saying the hymn number, and then singing along with us.

On occasion we will have "special music" and that might be a man, woman, child, family or some combination singing a song. Otherwise all our singing is as a congregation.

• Members

Men have moved away from God's truths and desires and succombed to the World's (Feminism for example).  This movement has enticed rebellious women to leave their first estate and do the things that man traditionally does.  The net effect has been a near world wide disastor.

Being an Independent, Fundamental, Bible Believing Baptist I would never set foot inside a church with a woman teaching the men.  That church is in plain rebellion and if it has not done so already, lost the attributes that make it one of Jesus Christ's New Testament Churches of the kind He died for.  Thank God he's given me the wisdom to discern such errors!

You know, I couldn't agree more.  But It;s not just a near disaster; it's a major disaster.This world system has slowly taken men's clothing, professions, even hobbies and given them to women. We have woman soldiers, police officers, woman preachers....then an increasing number are going big game hunting....girls hunting deer with bow and arrow; those kinds of things. That's a MAN THING! No wonder we have so many sodomite sissies prissing around with earrings.....we've raised our little girls to be like boys until they have taken all the man stuff until there is little distinction between gender roles.  I'm THANKFUL that my Wife and Daughter have no desire whatsover to PREACH, join the Army, or go out into the woods and kill something: In the Bible we read about "mighty men of valour"....I haven't come across any "mighty women" in there yet......man stuff

Did this thread go off topic? 

• Administrators

You know, I couldn't agree more.  But It;s not just a near disaster; it's a major disaster.This world system has slowly taken men's clothing, professions, even hobbies and given them to women. We have woman soldiers, police officers, woman preachers....then an increasing number are going big game hunting....girls hunting deer with bow and arrow; those kinds of things. That's a MAN THING! No wonder we have so many sodomite sissies prissing around with earrings.....we've raised our little girls to be like boys until they have taken all the man stuff until there is little distinction between gender roles.  I'm THANKFUL that my Wife and Daughter have no desire whatsover to PREACH, join the Army, or go out into the woods and kill something: In the Bible we read about "mighty men of valour"....I haven't come across any "mighty women" in there yet......man stuff

Did this thread go off topic? 

But they (your wife and daughter) sing, right?   :clapping: