• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Music In The Independent Baptist Churches

• Members

You can find pretty much any Hymnal on YouTube. :)

Brother, I can find just about anything I want and I know how to find stuff I don't want, but "He Is Mine" has eluded me ... Edit: Amen! Thanks for the encouragement I found it! Here is the link to an mp3 of the song: http://www.oldchristianmusic.com/music/north-valley-baptist-church--singing-church-I/North%20Valley%20Baptist%20Church--He%20Is%20Mine--The%20Singing%20Church%20I.mp3

The page it is on: http://www.oldchristianmusic.com/mproductpages/north-valley-baptist-church--singing-church1.html

and the lyrics:

Long before the fall of man, God designed a master plan,
He has changed the sinner for the sinless one;
Jesus left his throne on high, came to earth to bleed and die,
He said, "Father, not my will but thine be done."

He is mine, He is mine.
I am blessed beyond all measure He is mine;
I have pardon full and free through the blood he shed for me,
Saved forever I shall be, He is mine.

Through God's mercy and his grace he prepares for us a place,
And words cannot describe the matchless beauty there;
We will praise this perfect Lamb, King of kings, the great I Am,
And he has made the joys of Heaven ours to share.

He is mine, He is mine.
I am blessed beyond all measure He is mine;

Edited by 2T3:16

• Moderators

Which Bible do you read, dear?  The Christian Bible that I got states very clearly why the woman is to be silent in the churches--because she is secondary to men, and she has been decieved by the devil in the Garden of Eden.  The Christian Bible says that it is a shame for a woman to speak in church.  I believe it, and it would not be allowed in any church I attend.

All the verses on women's silence in the church must be taken together, as a whole. we cannot take one passage and declare it to be the end-all, be-all on the subject.

Clearly the Bible, as a whole, teaches that women are to be silent in regards to teaching, particularly the teaching of men, because that is the usurping of the leadership position given to man.  Also, it concerns questioning-if a woman has a question in the service, they are not to speak up and ask the question, (even men aren't supposed to do that). They are rather to ask their husbands at home. This is for the purpose of proper order and decency in the church, as well as to establish further the husband's position as head of the home. But nowhere are we told a woman cannot sing, or even pray, if she is properly covered, (long hair).

• Members

All the verses on women's silence in the church must be taken together, as a whole. we cannot take one passage and declare it to be the end-all, be-all on the subject.

Clearly the Bible, as a whole, teaches that women are to be silent in regards to teaching, particularly the teaching of men, because that is the usurping of the leadership position given to man.  Also, it concerns questioning-if a woman has a question in the service, they are not to speak up and ask the question, (even men aren't supposed to do that). They are rather to ask their husbands at home. This is for the purpose of proper order and decency in the church, as well as to establish further the husband's position as head of the home. But nowhere are we told a woman cannot sing, or even pray, if she is properly covered, (long hair).

As true Christians we are to follow the Bible (KJV), not man's "interpretation" of the Bible!  If the KJV tells us that the woman is to be silent in the church house, then that is the way it is to be.  Praise!

• Moderators

As true Christians we are to follow the Bible (KJV), not man's "interpretation" of the Bible!  If the KJV tells us that the woman is to be silent in the church house, then that is the way it is to be.  Praise!

Yes, the WHOLE Bible, meaning all areas of that topic must be interpreted according to the others. In this case, there are only a few, so it doesn't take too much work to find the correct doctrine.

• Members

This IS unscriptural. If the men won't do it, what are you doing? Step up and take the place a man should take. Women aren't to teach men in the context of the church.

Yes, that's very clear, but one constantly hears the "men aren't doing their duty so the women have to...or we have to let the women do it" or some such thing and this is what typically leads to women dominated and even women led churches.

The Scripture you are pointing to speaks of matters within the church. What do you think of women teaching men, such as in a Bible study or some other setting, outside the church?

• Members

Yes, the WHOLE Bible, meaning all areas of that topic must be interpreted according to the others. In this case, there are only a few, so it doesn't take too much work to find the correct doctrine.

Which part of the following you believe needs "interpretation"?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

• Members

Yes, that's very clear, but one constantly hears the "men aren't doing their duty so the women have to...or we have to let the women do it" or some such thing and this is what typically leads to women dominated and even women led churches.

The Scripture you are pointing to speaks of matters within the church. What do you think of women teaching men, such as in a Bible study or some other setting, outside the church?

Why would you be having a Bible study outside the authority of your local church?

• Moderators

Why would you be having a Bible study outside the authority of your local church?

I encourage brethren to study together, even outside of the assembly-I see nothing scripturally wrong with that.

The Scripture you are pointing to speaks of matters within the church. What do you think of women teaching men, such as in a Bible study or some other setting, outside the church?

Well, we see Aquila and Priscilla both, together teaching Apollos-outside of the assembly I see nothing wrong with it, particularly, in such a case as this, when she is doiing so with her husband, under his authority. However, I also see nothing wrong with it otherwise, particularly in the giving of the gospel.