Online Baptist is your #1 Source for Baptist News and Fellowship.
A few of our Newer Topics
These next few weeks are going to hold changes for all of us as our communities work through the challenges posed by COVID-19.
In the midst of these uncharted times, we who know Christ, can still proactively practice faith. And even when our world is turned upside down, we can trust that God is in control and that He is working.
With that in mind, here are seven activities that can help you make the most of this God-ordained time:
1. Pray—Take time to cast your every burden on the Lord every morning and throughout the day. Parents, take time to pray with your children and to spend time with them around the Word of God each day. Pray for your pastor. Pray for your boss or co-workers. We can worry, or we can pray.
2. Help—Help a senior or a widow. Perhaps this means just dropping something at their doorstep, perhaps writing a note or a card. I’m thankful for the deacons of Lancaster Baptist who are checking in on nearly one hundred widows throughout these upcoming weeks. All of us should jump in to help those who have special underlying needs at this time.
3. Read—If you’re quarantined or otherwise spending more time at home, this is an excellent opportunity to enrich your life through reading.
4. Love—Love your family. Be kind to your neighbors. Encourage your coworkers. Reach out to your friends.
5. Worship—Most churches are finding creative ways to assemble through live stream venues or smaller gatherings. (Lancaster Baptist will be doing services via live broadcast at lbclive.tv. A schedule of the services is available here.) Although your church’s normal schedule or meeting location may be disrupted, make worship with your church family a priority.
6. Continue—The local church is so much more than just an assembly (although it does include assembling). But even when assembly times are unusual, you can still participate as part of Christ’s local church body as you pray, serve, give, and reach out to others.
7. Plant—A time like this is an opportunity to plant seeds. Just as many of us will plant seeds in a garden in the upcoming weeks, fully expecting a harvest later, so we can use this unusual season to plant seeds of prayer and kindness. Be sure you’re using this time to sow, because God will bless faithful labor for Him.
View the full article
The Ordinances of Heaven
Job 38:33, “Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? An ordinance is an established law or rule.
Astronomer and mathematician, Johannes Kepler 1571-1630, verified that the sun and the planets are governed by scientific laws, or ordinances. Johannes Kepler was a devout Christian. Kepler believed that God created the universe as the Bible says He did.
Psalm 119: 90 & 91, “Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth. They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.” All of the ordinances of the physical universe were established by God. The ordinances of heaven include: the revolution of the earth the planets, the solar system, the revolution of the galaxy, and gravity. These ordinances were not understood throughout the centuries until scientists verified the ordinances of the solar system.
Johannes Kepler, and other scientists, has verified that the universe and all biological life is based on scientific fact. Evolution is based on randomness not verifiable scientific fact.
Jeremiah 31: 35-37, “Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.”
God established the ordinances of heaven, the physical universe, in Genesis chapter 1. These ordinances will continue until He creates the new heaven and the new earth: Isaiah 66: 22; 2 Peter 3:10-13 and Revelation 21:1
With this disease spreading fast the Christian Law Association posted the following a week ago.
Mega churches are cancelling services to help stop the spread of the Coroana virus. Has anyone's church here done anything, and is there a panic in your church/community about all of this?
Me being outside NYC, everyone is in a panic.
I enjoy taking photos of nature, whether scenery, insects, plants, animals, etc. I wanted to start a thread where anybody who wants can share a photo they took of something in nature.
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.