• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lousy Hymns

Ukulelemike

• Members

Of course, this one is doctrinally wrong, also, because it is not Jesus we pray to, but God the Father. So there's that, too.

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Isn't StephenCalling upon God, praying that the Lord Jesus receive his spirit?

He is speaking to Jesus here.

If this verse is accurate you can indeed pray to Jesus because he is one with God the Father and God the Holy Ghost.

because John tells us these three are one 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

So it is not dcotrinally wrong to pray to Jesus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Isn't StephenCalling upon God, praying that the Lord Jesus receive his spirit?

He is speaking to Jesus here.

If this verse is accurate you can indeed pray to Jesus because he is one with God the Father and God the Holy Ghost.

because John tells us these three are one 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

So it is not dcotrinally wrong to pray to Jesus

You are correct. I stand corrected. I guess that Jesus directing His disciples to pray TO the Father IN His name, would tell me that the majority of our prayer would indeed go that way, but there do seem to be some examples where prayer is directed to Jesus.

• Moderators

The Millennium is considered to be the 7th dispensation(Kingdom Age) by most IFB

So, what, the Adamic/pre-flood dispensation, the Noahide dispensation, the Sinaitic covenant dispensation, the New testament dispensation, the Pauline dispensation(?), the Millenial dispensation and eternity? Where would I be missing one?

BY the way, I don't agree with this necessarily, particularly a specific Pauline dispensation, though I am familiar with the concept.

I think this idea would be ultra-dispensationalism, which I believe most IFB's aren't.

• Moderators

The Millennium is considered to be the 7th dispensation(Kingdom Age) by most IFB

So those that aren't dispensationalists don't believe that there will be a millenium? That doesn't make any sense. Otherwise I should  suppose that they didn't believe in any other period of history, either.

• Members

So those that aren't dispensationalists don't believe that there will be a millenium? That doesn't make any sense. Otherwise I should  suppose that they didn't believe in any other period of history, either.

The present, Gospel age is the millennium. It makes perfect sense.

• Members

So, what, the Adamic/pre-flood dispensation, the Noahide dispensation, the Sinaitic covenant dispensation, the New testament dispensation, the Pauline dispensation(?), the Millenial dispensation and eternity? Where would I be missing one? How about Ukulelemike dispensation?? :biggrin:

BY the way, I don't agree with this necessarily, particularly a specific Pauline dispensation, though I am familiar with the concept. Neither do I agree with a Pauline dispensation.

I think this idea would be ultra-dispensationalism, which I believe most IFB's aren't.  Ultra, Hyper, etc  or whatever. A dispensation is simply a time period in which God dealt with mankind in various ways.

• Members

I was in the music ministry for four years with my former church which was an independent baptist church and would like to share my testimony with everyone here about the dangers of the wrong music which is very easy to captivate the whole church and lead it astray. I know the truth of this deception and the dangers of CCM creeping through the doors of every church it can. I just haven't figured out were to share my testimony here yet ?

• Administrators

I was in the music ministry for four years with my former church which was an independent baptist church and would like to share my testimony with everyone here about the dangers of the wrong music which is very easy to captivate the whole church and lead it astray. I know the truth of this deception and the dangers of CCM creeping through the doors of every church it can. I just haven't figured out were to share my testimony here yet ?

EK - you can go to the Lounge or Biblical Issues forums and create a new thread specifically for what you would like to share.  Or, you could go to the Introduce Yourself forum and start a thread there.  Whichever way you would like to do it is fine.  :thumb:

Archived