Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

I had a lot of different stuff for lunch and dinner while I was out in California -- pizza (3 times! ), a really good hamburger from Carl's Jr., beef roast, lasagna, and a "burrito bol" (a burrito without the tortilla "wrapper" ) from Chipotle Grill (they have locations all over Texas and California). I ate out so much while I was out there that I was really glad to get home and eat some home-cooked pasta (made by my husband), which we're also having tonight. :D

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Homemade tacos tonight.  

fried chicken fried squash from my garden mashed potato's and green beans from last years garden with cornbread and iced tea and a whole lot of thanking the lord.

Posted Images

We don't mind leftovers.

Nope, we don't either, depending on what it is that's left over. :D The pasta/meat/cheese dish my hubby made last night was great, and he still has some of the meat mixture that he put in a separate container so we can mix it with something else besides the pasta shells he cooked last night. Yummy!
  • Advanced Member

LOL

Chicken enchilada casserole
2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and cut up or lightly chopped
2 cans campbell chicken verde soup
1 cup water
garlic powder
pkg of 10 flour tortillas, cut into strips
1/4 cup sour cream
pkg shredded taco cheese (or plain cheddar)
Directions: combine cooked chicken, soup, water, garlic powder, tortilla strips and sour cream. spread in a 9x13 (or large casserole dish-- i like 9x13 so the cheese is more even). Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes. Tastes good with sour cream and salsa on top.

Julie, I have made this casserole several times now using the recipe on the back of the can and I LOVE IT!!! :mrgreen: It is so delicious and creamy. My mom and dad even liked it and they don't usually go for mexican-style food.

I just want to say that I have applied PE's "Moore's Law" to this recipe. :lol: If the amount of cheese called for in the recipe makes it good then more is going to be way, way better!!! :D

What I have started doing is mixing cheddar and monterey jack into the casserole itself and also topping it with the cheddar/jack mixture. It is soooooo delish!

Tonight is our first annual "Music Appreciation Banquet" for those who sing in the choir, special music groups, work in sound, and work in childcare for all the practices these activites require.

Lasagna, salad and bread sticks are on the menu. (and cheesecake for dessert - yummy)

And best of all - I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!!!!!!!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

WOOOO HOOOO Just look at all of those great ideas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chevy, That baked bean casserole is th eeasiest thing in the world (((I'll post the recipe if you like))), and I already know that you would know how to make good cornbread. I'll betcha that your wife would be so pleased if you'd surprize her with it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Here we have a very fine recipe for:::::

Three-Bean Barbecue

1-1/2 to 2 lb ground beef (I prefer lean, b/c I don't want to throw too much weight away in the fat draining off).

1 cup chopped onions

2 1-lb cans of Great Northern butter beans or baby lima beans (your choice)

1 1-lb can of kidney beans

1 1-lb can pinto beans

1 cup catsup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 Tablespoon liquid smoke

3 Tablespoons vinegar

1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional).

2 Tablespoons mustard ( I prefer dijon, or spicy brown or equivalent)

1 teaspoon salt

dash of pepper

(((There are optional things to add if you desire for flavor::: You may add hot peppers, sweet bell peppers, diced, or chiles, etc.)))

PROCEDURE::::

1. Brown and drain ground beef.

Pour into a crock pot.

2. fry bacon and onions and diced peppers and drain off the grease.

Pour this mixture into the crockpot.

3. Pour all the rest of the ingredients into the crockpot, and mix thoroughly with large wooden spoon.

4. Set to cook on low for 4-6 hours.

This is exceptionally good with cornbread and/or baked potatoes.

Please take a look on page 210 for a recipe of the same title. I added some of my own embellishments.

Oh I'd love to, except for one tiny detail -- I don't own a copy of that particular cookbook. :mrgreen: But I am going to copy/paste that recipe into a MS Word document, using a template specially designed for a 4 x 6 recipe card. :D