Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Homemade tacos tonight.  

fried chicken fried squash from my garden mashed potato's and green beans from last years garden with cornbread and iced tea and a whole lot of thanking the lord.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

My kids had McDonald's, and my wife and I had KFC.

Tonight is porcupine meatballs, mashed potatos, and chicken gumbo gravy. We are having our neighbors over to celebrate my daughter's 2nd birthday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FG, I too have migranes - "sick headaches" that can last for two or three days. The worst thing in the world is to medicate them - this can lead to rebound headaches. I usually just go to bed until they go away, but I have not had one for several months now.

I plan to cook Southern Style Turnip Greens for supper tonight (cooked in a crock pot so it simmers all day long) with a skillet of cornbread, fried taters, and deviled eggs, and a large gallon jug of sweet iced tea. I might stop at the produce stand and get some maters to slice up and eat with it. A scoop of ice cream for dessert (it's too hot to bake pies and stuff!)

• 8 months later...

I know pride is bad, but being excited about dinner ain't is it???

Tonight I really put on a real good shew tonight, ok for the wife but I was EXcited..

I wooped a bag of frozen Salmon out of the freezer
Made a big green tossed salad, basic lettuce, cucumber, onions, tamaters,,,,,
Stuck the wife a big Idaho spud on the cooker and me a BIG sweet potato,
Took that Salmon, put sliced butter on a big foil,
cover it with lemon slices,
Garlic bits form a clove,
Salmon, then back out with more lemon
butter
and garlic, wrap it up tight, put in on the barby on 312 about,
as soon as lit looks like a jiffy pop deal I flip it over,
wait for the jiffy pop thing again,
I served it all in less than one hour.,,,, :drool :drool :drool :drool

My turn to cook. :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :java: :hungry:

• Administrators

Hmmm, no posts in here have been pruned in this thread or forum. I will look and see why the dates are off. :puzzled:

Edit: It does look like the dates are correct. I did notice that we have another thread in this same forum that is very similar to this one, and for awhile people were posting what's for dinner in that thread. That thread is called, "What's for Dinner tonight?

Hmmm, no posts in here have been pruned in this thread or forum. I will look and see why the dates are off. :puzzled:

Edit: It does look like the dates are correct. I did notice that we have another thread in this same forum that is very similar to this one, and for awhile people were posting what's for dinner in that thread. That thread is called, "What's for Dinner tonight?

Ahhhhh! Mystery solved! :thumb So then this old "dinner" thread was just recently *ahem* "resurrected" then. :lol
  • Advanced Member

From the other thread:

:hungry::wow::woohoo::woohoo::wow: :drool :drool :drool

Methinks it's time for me to surprize my sweet wife tonight. :thumb

She is going to be sooooooooo pleased with this tonight and find that supper is all ready. Lemme see, a nice tossed spring veggie salad to go with this and an apple pie straight from the freezer and we'll be all set. :java: :cool :cooldude: :hungry:

This is the perfect diversion that I need from all of my brain-racking design work today. :cool :thumb :peek:

***Jim-boy runs to fetch the largest crock-pot, because this recipe is surely worthy of left-overs. :ideas: :drool ***

It really does have an awesome flavor. How did it turn out for you?
  • Advanced Member

A friend invited me over to his house to eat tonight, but the last several times Ihave been over there the food was awful! The chicken tasted like wood, and the mashed potatoes were too soggy. And he pretty much cooks the same thing each time I come over. Poor guy, I don't want to hurt his feelings...

This morning I threw a $6 beast roast in the crocker with a couple onions and a couple spuds, all we had, let er cook all day, for beef it was good.

Wife has the diabetes thing, they cut her away a little at a time, so I keep her off the foot and try to cook whenever I can.