• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Replacement

John81

• Members

DaveW,

Amen and Amen and Amen! I was kinda wondering when one of the brethren who like to re-classify all of the names of the children of Jacob, Israel, would ever quote Revelation 7 :goodpost:  Please keep up the good work.

All of the attempts for our Replacement Theology brethren to classify the sons of Jacob into neat little boxes to justify their incorrect doctrinal beliefs is a joke. I've been sitting back and just laughing at all of the silly attempts to twist the scriptures. :sign0200:It's kind of like the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Brithish Isrealites.

• Members

Ten Lost Tribes myth

The British Israelism false teaching of ten lost tribes is a myth.

In the book of Revelation (chapter 21, verse 12) there are twelve gates with the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

• Members

DaveW,

Amen and Amen and Amen! I was kinda wondering when one of the brethren who like to re-classify all of the names of the children of Jacob, Israel, would ever quote Revelation 7 :goodpost:  Please keep up the good work.

All of the attempts for our Replacement Theology brethren to classify the sons of Jacob into neat little boxes to justify their incorrect doctrinal beliefs is a joke. I've been sitting back and just laughing at all of the silly attempts to twist the scriptures. :sign0200:It's kind of like the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Brithish Isrealites.

Well I just get a bit sick and tired of people suggesting things such as we have in this thread when God quite obviously knows who are part of the 12 tribes and He will call people from each of these 12 specifically named tribes - in fact 12000 young unmarried men from each of these 12 specifically named tribes. 

So if the tribes specifically noted as Israel anove have been cast aside, then surely God will find them at some time in the future for we certsinly have not seen this happen, and according to some it can't happen because the northern tribes are no longer Jews.........

I think I will go with God on this one thanks. ;) 

• Members

But Acts chapter 29 proves British Israelism!  :P 

Its supposedly a lost chapter of the bible where Paul travails to Briton:

http://asis.com/users/stag/acts_29.html 

​Hey! Wait! What??! I got cheated! Cheated, I say. Cheated out of some man-ufactured doctrine from a man-ufactured chapter, for that man-ufactured chapter is not in my copy of God's Holy Word????!!! (Indeed, my tone is very much dripping, dripping, dripping with sarcasm.)

• Moderators

​I'm sorry Genevan, but I don't see the correlation with what I said above. Here...this is one portion of scripture used by Replacement Theologists to "prove" their view...

Ephesians 2:11-22
11   Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12   That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13   But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14   For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15   Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16   And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17   And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18   For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19   Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20   And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21   In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22   In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The whole section is used, but I underlined pertinent "proof texts". See, we were "once" Gentiles, but now we are one in Christ. This portion of scripture (used in conjunction with other scriptures) is used to prove that the church is now Israel. However, do you see what I highlighted in yellow? During all of this "proof", Paul still refers to "we both". He is still making a distinction between Gentiles and Jews.

Now, look what Paul says in the very next chapter...in fact...in the very next verse.

Ephesians 3:1
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Then here's another "proof text" for the Replacement Theologists...

Ephesians 3:6
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

RTs say, "See, we are fellowheirs, and of the same body and partakers of his promise(s) given to Israel. That's not what it says. It says that we GENTILES are of the same body, and partakers of his promise IN Christ BY the gospel. The promise IN Christ is justification by faith BY the gospel. We are fellowheirs of justification by faith. We are of the same body. Paul uses the body as an example in other scriptures. The eye isn't the ear. The hand isn't the eye...etc. A body is made of DIFFERENT parts, but the parts together make a body. The body of Christ is made of different parts (Jew and Gentile), but it is one body.

Later, we see this...

Ephesians 4:17
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Paul is still saying they are Gentiles. Telling them (ye) not to walk as other Gentiles. He's saying, you Gentiles are to no longer walk as other Gentiles...

And let's not forget the verses in Romans that are used by RTs to "prove" the church is Israel. Look what comes later in Romans when Paul is addressing that church...

Romans 11:13
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

See, it even says that Paul is the apostle of the...Gentiles. He didn't say that he was the apostle of Israel. He was very specific...Gentiles.

Friend, the church isn't Israel. Israel is part of the church, and Gentiles are part of the church. One body; different members.

​The whole point being made here, is that in Christ, Jew and gentile are one, or more specifically, they are NEITHER Jew nor Gentile, but one as Christians, as Believers. The Jew and gentile refer more to a temporal aspect of being, to the old man, while Christian, believer, Child of God, these are permanent, eternal states of being, as it were. Jews have gone from being Jews to being Christians; Gentiles have gone from being Gentiles to being Christians. One hasn't joined the other side, we have BOTH joined a different and eternal side, a side that rejects BOTH the other sides for something better.

• Members

​The whole point being made here, is that in Christ, Jew and gentile are one, or more specifically, they are NEITHER Jew nor Gentile, but one as Christians, as Believers. The Jew and gentile refer more to a temporal aspect of being, to the old man, while Christian, believer, Child of God, these are permanent, eternal states of being, as it were. Jews have gone from being Jews to being Christians; Gentiles have gone from being Gentiles to being Christians. One hasn't joined the other side, we have BOTH joined a different and eternal side, a side that rejects BOTH the other sides for something better.

​I agree to a great extent. We are the body of Christ, and in that, is our identity. Jew and Gentile are one in Christ. We are the body of Christ, we are Christians, we are believers, we are...the church...made of both Jews and Gentiles. I guess my only reservation is the fact that Paul (under inspiration) does still continue to draw a distinction. How that plays into the picture, I'm not sure.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Moderators

​I agree to a great extent. We are the body of Christ, and in that, is our identity. Jew and Gentile are one in Christ. We are the body of Christ, we are Christians, we are believers, we are...the church...made of both Jews and Gentiles. I guess my only reservation is the fact that Paul (under inspiration) does still continue to draw a distinction. How that plays into the picture, I'm not sure.

​I suspect the distinction comes from the fact that, at the time, there was still a lot of confusion, with the two coming together so recently. With the Judaizers, there was a lot of confusion, too. Maybe that's why the distinction.