• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Old guitar pick

Genevanpreacher

• Members

My son likes these. http://www.bluechippick.net/

. I use a Golden Gate when playing fast rhythm or flat picking. Those triangle picks aren't very good for that IMO. The best picks IMO, are made from tortoise shell but they're hard to find and probably illegal

Image result for golden gate picks

But I also like to finger-pick, with bare fingers, like here at the 2:30 mark

• Members
1 hour ago, heartstrings said:

My son likes these. http://www.bluechippick.net/

. I use a Golden Gate when playing fast rhythm or flat picking. Those triangle picks aren't very good for that IMO. The best picks IMO, are made from tortoise shell but they're hard to find and probably illegal

Image result for golden gate picks

But I also like to finger-pick, with bare fingers, like here at the 2:30 mark

Is this the same Webb Family?

• Members
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, Genevanpreacher said:

I almost always use my fingers when playing my guitar. I tried using a pick years ago but just couldn't get used to it.

A lot of getting used to using a pick is holding it properly. Most people don't, which will work if you start with a pick; but if you're switching to using a pick, you want to hold it properly.

• Moderators

This is as close to scripted as we got. Daniel had come up with a 4 measure lick he didn't where to use until he played "This Little Light of Mine". We had a quick conference on how and where to use it and I still didn't get it right.

But it was fun.

• Members

I certainly appreciate the videos! Thank you!

I guess my sense of humor (or lack thereof) extended even to my guitar playing. On certain occasions (if a guitar was available) when folks would say that they heard that I could play and would ask me if I would play something...I couldn't help it.

I would start off picking (one string and one note at a time) the "Jack in the Box" tune, and I would purposely mess it up on the "POP goes the weasel" part. I'd try it again...mess it up...and try it a third time. It was hilarious (to me) to see their faces and think what they were thinking to themselves. LOLOL!

Then I'd say something like...Ahhh...forget it! I'd throw the pick down and start playing classical guitar. LOLOLOLOL!

Guitar players "might" appreciate that.

All of this is making me want to play again.