• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators

Judges 3:22And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt  came out.

dirt or parshĕdon or פרשדן
meaning
excrement, faeces

I never realized how low in the belly he stab this man.

​Not necessarily low. The stomach is in both upper and middle abdominal ares, but primarily upper. The small intestine is MUCH longer than the large. As a result, when leaving the pylorus it extends into the low abdominal region. The large intestine, however, comes back up and then traverses the body at about the same level as your elbows (when hanging naturally at your sides), and can even be behind the lower lobes of the lungs, before descending down to the anus. Basically, most everything below elbow level is intestinal tract, at elbow level, and within an inch to inch and a half above, is stomach, bile gland, gall bladder and possible large intestine.

• Members

When a person dies, their muscles relax.

This allows the bowel and bladder to expel anything contained within until any pressure is released.

This is the meaning of that statement.

In death, bowel evacuated itself due to muscle relaxation. 

It has nothing to do with the site of the injury.

• Administrators

This allows the bowel and bladder to expel anything contained within until any pressure is released.

​I never thought of it in that way Dave. But now that you said it, it does seem like a possibility.

• Members

​That makes a lot of sense, and its a new idea to me too.

• Members

Nothing came out of the wound..the fat closed around the haft and blade and he couldn't get it out again...... yuck.

​Reminds me of a very obese man who was shot a few years ago and his fat prevented the bullet from reaching his internal organs.