• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are You Surprised About This?

Genevanpreacher

• Members

Brings up some interesting thoughts. I do like the point that LBJ brought out, that - "No one there would ever forget that day, or the days and months that followed."

Yeah, I like that. Families reunited, maybe, unless the person had been dead for a long time.

Imagine them awaking and hearing about all that had happened while they were gone, too.

• Moderators

Brings up some interesting thoughts. I do like the point that LBJ brought out, that - "No one there would ever forget that day, or the days and months that followed."

Yeah, I like that. Families reunited, maybe, unless the person had been dead for a long time.

Imagine them awaking and hearing about all that had happened while they were gone, too.

Had to do a double take on the LBJ reference -- my mind registered it as the Johnson family (Lyndon Baines, Lady Bird, Luci Baines and Lynda Bird).  I know, Lady Bird's name was actually Claudia -- now I'm REALLY showing my age.

• Members

Joh 12:9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.
10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

Yeah, Lazarus spoke with many people afterwards.
We don't know about these others, but Lazarus remained very much alive after the event.
What a testimony for the Lord!
So much so that the Pharisees wanted to blot him out for it.

• Members

So, if it is appointed unto man once to die...
Is he still alive? :hide:

I have often wondered about that......
We are not told if he lived a normal life from then on till a normal death, or what?
Speculation that he was taken up after the Lord was resurrected? But absolutely no Bible about it that I have found....
Or else the "appointed unto men" is a general principle not a strict unbreakable rule?

We may know when we get to be with the Lord.
Or we might just be too busy being awestruck at the greatness of God to worry about petty unimportant matters. ;)

• Members

Maybe its only 'death' when one stays dead?

That would kinda explain that verse. And explain that maybe some 'return from death' experiences are 'dying', but not really 'death'.

Cause they came back.

I would say it's something along the lines of that. It seems clear Lazarus was restored to life, he wasn't resurrected in an eternal sense.

Archived