• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does anyone else think it strange?

Jim_Alaska

• Administrators

I know it is the holiday season and folks are busy, visiting family and they also have a life apart from OB. But lately, if it were not for RSS Feeds there would be no activity on our board. I come here every morning with my first cup of coffee hoping to read something interesting or edifying; I also visit the site three or four times during the day. But lately there seems to be a serious lack of contributions/interest on the board. Out of a total membership of 4,984, one would think that God's people could find something to talk about or contribute.

I know from experience with my own message forums that it is the nature of forums for interest to taper off with time. But I also think that a forum of the nature of OB should never suffer from lack of interest. I guess I am just suffering from withdrawals. As I sit and write this I am reminded that my own lack of participation of late has also contributed to the decline of interest on our forums. I come to read, am disappointed that there is not much to read and move on.

Thinking in this manner I am reminded that if I feel this way, then it follows that others feel the same way too. They come to read, are disappointed and move on. This is the main reason that message forums experience a decline in interest; if all are readers and there are no, or few contributors, interest drops.

I think I just did a good job of convicting myself in this post. Perhaps I can start to make amends for my own omissions by suggesting possible topics and then following up with acting on them more than I have been doing.

Suggestions:

How God has blessed you lately.
Bible verses that The lord has impressed you with.
What is going on in your church of late.
Prayer requests.
Questions about scripture.
Sermons or devotionals.
Thoughts on current events, both secular and spiritual.
Explanations regarding difficult portions of scripture.

• Members

Already making fun of people's pets and living habits now I see?! This thread has soured quickly! 

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I do see that it made you crawl out from under your pet rock. :)

Hahaha! 

For me I have just been too busy to spend any time here lately. Particularly during the holiday season. I know several of the other regulars are busy this time of the year as well. Maybe when things slow down a bit there will be more activity.

• Members

I notice even on my own board its slower in December as we all are getting ready for Christmas...thanks Jim for your concern for us.. I really appreciate all of you here.. this is a wonderful board. this is the 2nd or 3 time I joined it. I was leary at fisrt beinf a mixed board but all I see is godliness here and I appreciate it

How God has blessed you lately. HE HAS ENABLED ME TO TEACH A LADIES BIBLE STUDY IN MY HOME AND GUIDES ME IN WAYS THAT MAKE ME GO PRAISE GOD
Bible verses that The lord has impressed you with. 

3:3    Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
3:4    So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

What is going on in your church of late. OUR CHOIR DIRECTOR HAS BEEN CALLED TO THE PHILLIPINES TO START r u PROGRAMS THERE.. WE ARE REACHING PRISON, AND JAILS WITH THE GOSPEL WE HAD REVIVAL MEETINGS AT THE LOCAL LADIES PRISON WITH 27 PROFESSIONS OF FAITH, WE ARE REACHING OUR PUBLIC SERVANTS AS WELL... 
Prayer requests. SALVATION FOR OUR LOST LOVED ONES...OUR NATION.. OUR NEW PRESIDENT
Questions about scripture. CAN'T THINK OF ONE AT THE MOMENT...
Sermons or devotionals. I ENJOY MY PASOTRS MESSAGES AND ANOTHER IFB PASTOR IN THIS CITY
Thoughts on current events, both secular and spiritual. TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION 
Explanations regarding difficult portions of scripture. DEGREES OF PUNISHMENT IN HELL... 

• Administrators

Very well done Rosie, you put some thought into that reply. It was good to hear of the positive spiritual things you brought out. It is edifying to contemplate God working in our midst and blessing when we put our efforts into His work.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, John Young said:

Already making fun of people's pets and living habits now I see?! This thread has soured quickly! 

Hahaha! 

For me I have just been too busy to spend any time here lately. Particularly during the holiday season. I know several of the other regulars are busy this time of the year as well. Maybe when things slow down a bit there will be more activity.

I agree John, many live hectic lives and many don't "live online" like I do. Message boards are probably the first casualty in a busy schedule. I do appreciate your posts when you do have time. Thank you for them and may God bless you as you serve Him this year.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. OFP. I wasn't pointing any fingers in my post, it was just an observation and attempt to bring more life back to OB. But I do see that it made you crawl out from under your pet rock. :)

Pet rock? I don't pet my rock, I talk to it occasionally. Isn't that normal behavior?

Not pointing fingers? I bet you had fingers pointing at and poking your keyboard.

• Members

Our church is having an evening service on 25 Decembr for the first time on the Lord's day, since we have been members.  I have always  said we should have it as a normal Lord's day, but have been told that nobody would come.  This year I mentioned it again and was supported by a new member who is a retired Baptist pastor. He said the Lord's day should have precedence, so we are having an evening service.  

• Members

RETURN OF A CLASSIC

The Pet Rock phenomenon was an unbelievable experiment performed in the 70s by an advertising executive. The challenge: could he take a simple idea, market it, make people happy, and use it all to turn himself into a millionaire? The answer: yes. And . . . well, we at ThinkGeek love performing famous experiments to see if we can duplicate the outcome. But we need your help.

Simply plug the USB cable into a free port and let the fun begin. The USB Pet Rock will instantly begin to work its magic. People will stop by and ask you what your USB Pet Rock does. Each time, you can make up a new story; for no matter what you say, it will be greater than the truth - because these USB Pet Rocks don't do a dang thing. Except make you smile. And confuse your friends and coworkers, which will make you smile even more. So, get your USB Pet Rock today, and help make us rich tomorrow.

on desk in hand

Here's why you need a USB Pet Rock now:

• They make a great gift for everyone we can think of.
  • They don't need food or water.
  • They don't chew on your stuff.
  • They will make you instantly cool.
  • They never talk back to you.
  • They will forever love you in their own rocky way.
  • They are the greenest USB products ever created, as they draw absolutely no electricity.
  • They are compatible with Windows (7 and lower); Mac (all OS's); Linux; and all other past, present, and future operating systems - no drivers needed!

Product Features
  • Pet Rock Plugs in with USB and gives you love!
  • No feed or care needed
  • Draws no power
  • Compatible with any OS including Mac, Windows and Linux
  • Each rock is unique (Please allow for natural variations in your USB Pet Rock)
  • Rock is approx. 4" x 4" x 3"
  • Includes 18" long USB cable

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/c208/