• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Was Asked To Speak Nice Of Pastors... Ok

The Glory Land

• Members

Which ones will you like me to talk about nicely? The ones that have gone to be with the Lord, strong bible fire and brimstone preachers, that are no longer wanted. Pastors that preach the Word against immorality, and that there is a Heaven and Hell. Or just nice about them in general, we don't want our new members to get offend with this type of post.

• Administrators

You know, you asked in other threads if people saw their pastors doing certain things. How about asking people to tell us things they like about their pastor?  Instead of making it seem like such a chore to have to say something nice...

• Administrators

I remember our first pastor when I was young. We didn't start going to church until I was about 11 (I had gone to other churches, but I mean as a family).  I rode the bus and then the pastor came to visit my parents.  He spent time talking with my Dad, and then we started attending.  We attended faithfully until we moved to WV.

The pastor and his wife were godly people and were a great blessing to our family. Pastor Ken Blue will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Members

Which ones will you like me to talk about nicely? The ones that have gone to be with the Lord, strong bible fire and brimstone preachers, that are no longer wanted. Pastors that preach the Word against immorality, and that there is a Heaven and Hell. Or just nice about them in general, we don't want our new members to get offend with this type of post.

TGL, my pastor and other pastors, I know still, do speak on hell fire and brimstone.  There needs to be a balance, though.  Some people respond to that, while others need a softer approach.  Before my mom's salvation in 2006, I was using fear in hopes that she would get saved.  Fear worked for me, so I thought it would work for her.  I realized it was pushing her away.  Then, I started using compassion and she was saved immediately.

"And of (on) some have compassion, making a difference:  23 And, others saved with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." ~ Jude 22-23

• Members

Pastors and missionaries are some of the only people that are expected to be highly educated, work 40+hours per week, and be fairly perfect (in general)--yet they are not allowed to have any more money than a high school dropout factory worker.

if I had known what I know now, I may have been tempted not to go into the ministry.   However, if I knew what I know now, and was not in the ministry, one of my first goals would be to befriend my pastors wife and treat her like a normal human being with normal human expectations.    And I would never complain about where the pastor lived or what money he made (unless it was fraudulent, and we did end up under a pastor who was stealing money from the church and had a 3,000 sq ft home built.  However things did not turn out well for him in the end--God takes care of that stuff...we do not have to.)

• Members

I'm in a 3100 sq.ft. home (love keeping visiting missionaries there) --- but, it's only $450/ mo.

Awesome!   Not begrudging that....the pastor I referred to had his custom built and used church funds for a lot of his personal expenses without permission..... Which is stealing.

but otherwise the Bible says pastors should be well cared for so that's great!

Archived