• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Do Some People Have To Have The Last Word?

DaveW

• Members

TGL, that is one of my husband's favorite phases. He says it jokingly in front of other people. We can be in a store, talking about what to buy, and he will mutter those words with a very meek voice. People think he is being serious b/c he says it with such a straight face. I used to get embarrassed when he said it, now I go along with his game. It is funny b/c he is so far from being a "Yes dear" husband. :)

The man is the head of the home, but the woman is the neck... :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

TGL, that is one of my husband's favorite phases.  He says it jokingly in front of other people.  We can be in a store, talking about what to buy, and he will mutter those words with a very meek voice.  People think he is being serious b/c he says it with such a straight face.  I used to get embarrassed when he said it, now I go along with his game.  It is funny b/c he is so far from being a "Yes dear" husband.   :)

Bwahahahaha!   My Dad used to tell people he always got the last word with my mom - "yes, dear."  LOL. 

• Members

Sounds good to me, TGL.

My hubby even says, "Yes dear, whatever you say dear."  When we were first married, my son was in the forth grade.  It took him awhile to figure out Joe's humor.  He thought his mom married someone spineless at first.  LOL

• Moderators

I have no desire to have the last word on any thread - I want to provoke thoughtful consideration - & even, "thanks - you've explained that so clearly from the Scriptures that I have changed my position."

Covenanter! Good to 'see' you. :)

Umm... Br. Matt...  :bleh:

• Members

I typically get in the last word every time I try to tell a joke. After I have said the last word all I ever hear are crickets...

Well all I get are groans..... :lol:

• Members

Any chance of a translation of that? ...... :shock:

zyzzyva
zyz·zy·va [ziz-uh-vuh] Show IPA
noun
any of various South American weevils of the genus Zyzzyva,  often destructive to plants.

Dave you were kidding me, right.  :smug:  Oh, come on, everyone knows that.  :th_wellduh:  I cheated.  I looked up the last word in the English dictionary.

God bless,
Larry

Archived