• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Vatican Claims To Have Peter's Bones? Shroud Of Turin Real?

Miss Daisy

• Members

At least two. Eastern historians tell us that the normal mode of burial involved wrapping in cloths similar to an Egyptian mummy, but less like bandages that most people think of. Strips of material of say 1 or 2 feet wide and up to 6 feet long. Sometimes smaller, many Sheets but wrapped around the body in layers.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who cares about a bit of cloth anyways?

If they want a bit of cloth I would happily sell them one of my towels.
I will even draw a smiley face on it if they want.
;)

Me too! I would sleep all night with makeup on my face, & I've never had make up on my face, with the sheet laying over me & my face if they wanted to buy it!

• Members

Your welcome.
But seriously - even if it was the actual cloth, well so what?
It was just a bit of cloth then, it would still just be a bit of cloth.
If it was Peter's bones, so what? It is just a lump of calcium and bits.

The bits of cross that they reckon the have are just old bits of wood.(And if all the bits of cross were stuck back together it would make one massive cross....)

The thing is, there is nothing mystical or magical in inanimate objects.
It is the Holy Spirit of God that guides, protects, and keeps us.

• Members

Yes ma'am...so much so that they pray to them.

Exactly, No Nic.  When I was a little girl, growing up in the RCC, I used to pray to all of my dead relatives.  The RCC taught us this, at a very early age.  They taught that the dead would answer prayers and, of course, you could pray them out of the imaginary place called "Purgatory."  :stirthepot:

• Members

Why do they kiss the Pope's ring? And during flu season, do they stop the kissing?

It used to be much worse than that.  I went to mass once with a friend in 1960.  The priest was dipping the crackers in the wine

and putting the soggy mass on the tongues with his bare hand, transferring saliva from one parishoner to another.

Archived