• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

YouTube Pastors and Preaching

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• Members

Are you for or against, YouTube preaching. In my experience watching preaching on YouTube, It’s pretty good, but not the same thing as being in person for service. Many pastors, don’t mind preaching on YouTube their services, but, there are some that, I imagine don’t like posting on YouTube. For one reason or another, that’s OK too. Can you share your experience, there is no right or wrong here.

Edited to delete the GIF.

Administrator

• Members
47 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Are you for or against, YouTube preaching. In my experience watching preaching on YouTube, It’s pretty good, but not the same thing as being in person for service. Many pastors, don’t mind preaching on YouTube their services, but, there are some that, I imagine don’t like posting on YouTube. For one reason or another, that’s OK too. Can you share your experience, there is no right or wrong here.

Preacher GIF by Reconnecting Roots

Nearly every church I've ever been a member of is now on YouTube. Only one wasn't and isn't. I was asked to put a few sermons on YouTube, but to date haven't been able to do so. There are many of my friends who are pastors who put a service on every week. I enjoy listening to them and keeping track of their ministries this way. For me, being disabled and not always able to be in services, I am thankful that our pastor puts them on YouTube. 

• Administrators

In person services are great. But for those who can't make it to church, online services are good. My hubs does not post online (he did a few during the plandemic), but does not preclude ever doing it. The church where we were in IN is online, and we enjoy the services at times. 

There's a lot of good preaching out there, but there's a lot of bad preaching out there, too. One needs to be careful. 

• Moderators

Not the same as in person. Care has to be taken , teaching on church discipline (and some other things) will be totally misunderstood or misconstrued by lost people watching. When we were in Mexico, it was good to be able to catch a service or two on Youtube (in English) as well as the Spanish services we were trying to understand in Iglesia Bautista Peniel.

• Members
1 hour ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Not the same as in person. Care has to be taken , teaching on church discipline (and some other things) will be totally misunderstood or misconstrued by lost people watching. When we were in Mexico, it was good to be able to catch a service or two on Youtube (in English) as well as the Spanish services we were trying to understand in Iglesia Bautista Peniel.

I agree with you, I watch preaching on YouTube. I believe YouTube, should be use for Bible teaching or Bible studies only. I do listen to pastors preach on YouTube, because many of them don’t have Bible studies on YouTube. On YouTube you cannot receive or give prayer request personally. You’re not present for baptisms, You’re not present to say hello to your brothers and sisters in Christ, or new members. They say you can pay your tithing online, but I believe that fall short. Lastly, the pastor doesn’t know who’s watching or who’s listening to the service. If a brother or sister needs counseling, that it’s also hard to do online.