• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anonononymouse

DaveW

• Members

Always makes me laugh when I look at the "people on line" stats and see anonymous users.

I wonder what they have to hide. 

Makes me laugh even more when they post whilst anonymous and think people won't notice that they are not listed by name despite having OBVIOUSLY  (by their posts) been online.

Does make me less inclined to trust them too.

But mostly gives me a chuckle.

• Members

Guilty as charged.

However, I do have a reason...though the reason has changed now, and being anonymous isn't needed on my part any longer...I guess it became habit, and I haven't kicked the habit yet. Hehehe.

Some time back, there was a member who would send me private messages if they saw I was online. So the easiest way for me to cope with that at the time was to "not be online". 

Shady? Yes.

Underhanded? Maybe.

Did it work? YES!

LOLOLOL!

Since it's no longer needed, I will remove my "hidden" status...unless I start getting messages again. LOL!

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

Always makes me laugh when I look at the "people on line" stats and see anonymous users.

I wonder what they have to hide. 

Makes me laugh even more when they post whilst anonymous and think people won't notice that they are not listed by name despite having OBVIOUSLY  (by their posts) been online.

Does make me less inclined to trust them too.

But mostly gives me a chuckle.

Well, I routinely browse the forum anonymously. Not because I want to hide myself but because it's easiest. I only log in when I want to make a post.

And then there's new visitors to this site who haven't decided whether they want to create an account yet...

• Members
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Guilty as charged.

However, I do have a reason...though the reason has changed now, and being anonymous isn't needed on my part any longer...I guess it became habit, and I haven't kicked the habit yet. Hehehe.

Some time back, there was a member who would send me private messages if they saw I was online. So the easiest way for me to cope with that at the time was to "not be online". 

Shady? Yes.

Underhanded? Maybe.

Did it work? YES!

LOLOLOL!

Since it's no longer needed, I will remove my "hidden" status...unless I start getting messages again. LOL!

I'm back lol

• Members
6 hours ago, Alimantado said:

Well, I routinely browse the forum anonymously. Not because I want to hide myself but because it's easiest. I only log in when I want to make a post.

And then there's new visitors to this site who haven't decided whether they want to create an account yet...

No, not logged in shows as a guest.

There is an option to be anonymous which is a deliberate choice that someone makes - logged in but name not showing.

There are legitimate reasons, as NN pointed out.

• Members
37 minutes ago, DaveW said:

No, not logged in shows as a guest.

There is an option to be anonymous which is a deliberate choice that someone makes - logged in but name not showing.

There are legitimate reasons, as NN pointed out.

Oh, I see--sorry! Had no idea about that option. Maybe I'd use it if I owed another forum member money.