• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Meddle?

• Members

1 Peter 4:

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that OBey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Why do some church people meddle in other members' lives and families? How serious is it if it is included with " murderers, thieves, and evildoers" 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mix up people's names all the time and I'd just replied to a post by Candlelight. 'Heartstrings'; 'Candlelight' -- both similar names in my mind as both are compound words. :-)

So, you are basically saying that you confuse me with Heartstrings, Al?  I am a bit confused.

• Members

Yes, Candlelight. When I first see 'Candlelight' or 'Heartstrings' I often have to think to myself: which one is Candlelight and which one is Heartstrings? It's not because I think the two of you are at all similar--far from it. It's just that both words are compound words and of similar length.

Kitagirl and Bakershalfdozen used to get me all the time too, because Kitagirl is/was a baker.

• Members

Sorry, should have been 'Do you have a real or hypothetical example in mind, Heartstrings?' :-)

Real,

You choose to homeschool your kids but the lady in the church who disagrees, makes sure your wife and kids know that the kids won't be able to function in society.......

You make a rule that your teenage son is chaperoned when with his girlfriend but the lady(same one) cracks little snide jokes about it in front of your son.

The same lady invites the girl to live with her then invites your son over and tells the kids how she disagrees with dad's rules.

Another "lady" invites your daughter over to her home so she can meet the young man she has found for her.

scenarios like that.........

Archived