• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone Else Getting Pm's From Preacherofrighteousness?

Yep.

Do you mean for messaging everyone "The Lord sent me to ask you to confess...

Do you believe and confess
Jesus art the Christ the Son
of the Living God?

Yes or no?"                                            ?

Yes, just like the above.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Do you mean for messaging everyone "The Lord sent me to ask you to confess...

Do you believe and confess
Jesus art the Christ the Son
of the Living God?

Yes or no?"                                            ?

SFIC already answered, but I wanted to also.  An email wouldn't automatically make someone a troll (although an email sent to multiple members and phrased like that would definitely be a bell going off...), but this is someone who doesn't change MO - at least not as much as he/she changes names.   :ROFL:

~~~~~~~~

I also got one - didn't answer.  IMO, if someone new comes on the forum and would like to know where we all stand, that one simply needs to read threads. It is quite OBvious from postings what each one believes.  If it isn't OBvious, a thread started could help, but, again, this particular person likes to put his/her own spin on whether someone truly believes Jesus is the Son of God and so much more.

• Administrators

I got the same private message.  I am so sick of these trolls, and don't feel safe on this site anymore.

This site is by far less prOBlematic than others.  Trolls, sadly, are the nature of the beast in the online world today.  Sinful human nature is definitely showcased in many ways with online activities (viruses, worms, trolls, spammers, etc.).  But we (moderators) try to take care of issues as they arise.  With help from alert members.  :clapping:

Heh - in Heaven we won't have any trolls.  Well, unless they got saved while trolling here.   :biggrin:

• Members

This site is by far less prOBlematic than others.  Trolls, sadly, are the nature of the beast in the online world today.  Sinful human nature is definitely showcased in many ways with online activities (viruses, worms, trolls, spammers, etc.).  But we (moderators) try to take care of issues as they arise.  With help from alert members.  :clapping:

Heh - in Heaven we won't have any trolls.  Well, unless they got saved while trolling here.   :biggrin:

Yes, I know they are.  These trolls seem to into a person's computer, though.  That is what concerns me.  I know they get taken care of ASAP.  I appreciate that.

Amen!

• Members

2 Tim,

Not just the PM'ing.  He has been trolling the forum for some time under many names.  One gets banned, he comes on with another.  Asks the same questions in the threads.  Accuses us of being antichrist, etc..

Then why has not Matt banned his IP not just his login name?

• Members

Then why has not Matt banned his IP not just his login name?

More than likely, the troll is using a program like "IP Camouflage" to surf the net in stealth mode.  The program will allow a person to  latch onto IP's in different states, or even countries, and use them.  

Hard to ban by IP if one is using such tactics.

There are other methods, which I don't want to discuss in the thread.  I have PM'd BroMatt with those suggestions.  

• Members

Yes and also if you use TOR or a proxy or virtual private networks then you can have a virtually unlimited number of IP's (but was this guy really that bad?)

I believe he was/is that bad.  

Linda and I watched him sign off of one account long enough for another account to be created.  Then the other account signed off immediately after creation and then he signed back on with the previous account.

We've seen him do this more than once.  

• Members

Yes and also if you use TOR or a proxy or virtual private networks then you can have a virtually unlimited number of IP's (but was this guy really that bad?)

I've tried TOR out after the NSA scandal came to light and found it almost useless. Also, once it's on your computer there's no way to uninstall it.

Archived