• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can You Lead A Lost Soul To Christ Without A Bible?

The Glory Land

• Administrators

No.  You need scripture because the Bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God - but as long as you can tell the person what the Bible says, the Holy Spirit can work.  Having a Bible to show them is great, but doesn't always happen.  That's one reason memorization is so important.

• Members

No.  You need scripture because the Bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God - but as long as you can tell the person what the Bible says, the Holy Spirit can work.  Having a Bible to show them is great, but doesn't always happen.  That's one reason memorization is so important.

So if we memorize the verses, we don't need the bible every time.

• Members

So if i have the words in my mind and my heart, I will not need the bible?

If you have memorized the needed scriptures, and you are led of the Spirit, then you HAVE the Word of God "Bible" in your heart. But I would say it's best to have a Bible handy of possible unless you have a fantastic memory.

• Members

If you have memorized the needed scriptures, and you are led of the Spirit, then you HAVE the Word of God "Bible" in your heart. But I would say it's best to have a Bible handy of possible unless you have a fantastic memory.

Which will be more effective, memorized or having the bible in hand?

• Members

Which will be more effective, memorized or having the bible in hand?

Depends doesn't it. Let's say the person you are sharing the Gospel with is unable to read. Is pointing to scriptures on the page going to help much then?

Generations of Christians have been unable to read and write, and generations have been unable to afford Bibles to carry with them, yet all Christians have been called to spread the Gospel.

• Members

Depends doesn't it. Let's say the person you are sharing the Gospel with is unable to read. Is pointing to scriptures on the page going to help much then?

Generations of Christians have been unable to read and write, and generations have been unable to afford Bibles to carry with them, yet all Christians have been called to spread the Gospel.

True, and in the last days it will be use to start fires. :(

• Members

I was saved by the Word of God; however, I do know some people who were not saved by using the Bible.  They heard the scriptures, the Holy Spirit touched their hearts and they were born again.  My MIL and FIL are good examples of this.  My MIL was being led to the Lord by a Christian woman when my husband was a baby.  She heard the Gospel.  She was saved, without a Bible, when she was rocking my husband in a chair, when he was I years old.  She prayed for my FIL for years, and would witness to him.  He was saved in his garage without a Bible.  However, the Word was already planted in his heart.

Archived