• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Persecution Is Heating Up....in America

heartstrings

• Members

As a business owner in the graphics and advertising business, I've refused service on jobs which included profanity, alcohol. and printing other versions like the NIV. No one has sued me yet. I' have done sub work for a known lesbian but they w,ere standard commercial jobs for her clients and didn't promote her lifestyle. But in reality, all of my clients are sinners as is myself and everyone reading this. But I'm afraid I would be in court like this bakery owner if asked to promote a "gay" wedding.... Please pray for these people.....

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/court-hears-discrimination-case-over-wedding-cake

• Members

As a business owner in the graphics and advertising business, I've refused service on jobs which included profanity, alcohol. and printing other versions like the NIV. No one has sued me yet. I' have done sub work for a known lesbian but they w,ere standard commercial jobs for her clients and didn't promote her lifestyle. But in reality, all of my clients are sinners as is myself and everyone reading this. But I'm afraid I would be in court like this bakery owner if asked to promote a "gay" wedding.... Please pray for these people.....

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/court-hears-discrimination-case-over-wedding-cake

We who are Christians in today's world can be put in a very bad position in the blink of an eye.

I've had only one business a store in the country side & there was two women living together that lived north of us who stopped & did business with us, buying gas, & a few other items. I was polite to them just as I was everyone else.

Of course I was not in a business as that bakery was. So I had nothing like that plus back them this was not a big deal. Now it is and the homosexuals will sue, probably for more than one reason, one of them is to get as many $,$$$,$$$.$$ as possible so they can live large off of us.

From this time on from the way I see it Christians are going to have to be careful about the business they go into. And if they go into a business & get caught up in such a thing as this, it may cost them dearly to stand for their Savior. That's something modern day Christians seems to think should never happen. 

I would never tell a person what to do in a situation such as this baker was in yet in our churches & on forums such as this we need to cover such things, study them out carefully so that if something like this comes up we will know what God would have us do. And whatever it might cost to stand with God it will be worthwhile.

• Members

That English couple went cold and hungry last winter because of their stand for Christ.  Their government has turned against them and they will suffer even more this winter.  America is fast in catching up with the decadence of Europe, it won't be long until we're treated as the Jews were by the Nazis during the 1930s.  I pray that the Lord doesn't tarry much longer.

• Moderators

You can adopt a policy of "I don't do weddings". 

I have always given large to HUGE discounts (30%-50%) for "some" IFB churches (but not most) and for "some" people if their standards or the way their children behaved greatly impressed me but that was off of my preference not off of company policy.

• Members

We are to count it all joy when we are found worthy of suffering for Christ. That's totally contrary to our natural, and especially our American way of thinking.

What little persecution we currently face or might face in the near future pales in comparison to that which followers of Christ face in scores of nations around the world. In other nations followers of Christ are disowned by their own families, kicked out into the streets and treated as if dead. Many are raped, beaten, imprisoned, tortured, murdered and otherwise terrorized for being followers of Christ.

While we tend to pray that all things will be good for us, there are believers around the world who pray that their living for Christ will be such a light for Christ that persecution will be the result to His glory and honour.

Whatever persecution we face, whether minor or major, we know that such is tiny and limited in comparison to the eternal blessings that await us.

• Members

I have always given large to HUGE discounts (30%-50%) for "some" IFB churches (but not most) and for "some" people if their standards or the way their children behaved greatly impressed me but that was off of my preference not off of company policy.

That could work for me as weddings would be a very small part of my business. But for the guy with the bakery it would most likely knock out a huge chunk of his business. Someone could come into my place and request a logo, flyers, a sign or banner advertising some 'gay' event and then it would be decision time. I couldn't simply say "I don't do those". I would have to either do what they want, or tell them why I can't, 

• Members

Sadly, that is changing quickly here in America...

You can still do it technically, but people appear to be able to take you to court on their assumptions, then it gets tricky..........

• Members

As far as I know you can not be compelled to testify against yourself, and without you actually saying why, they would have a hard time proving the reason.

But yes, they will try it, and the laws will probably change to make it easier for them.......

• Members

Why not one that you marry only those that are members of your church, that's what I would do, I would never refuse to marry members of our church.

• Members

As a businessman you can refuse service to someone on any grounds you like, without explanation if you wish.

No longer, it used to be true, & many places had such signs up, yet not no more, the state & federals says you cannot refuse service to no one for any reason.

• Members

As far as I know you can not be compelled to testify against yourself, and without you actually saying why, they would have a hard time proving the reason.

But yes, they will try it, and the laws will probably change to make it easier for them.......

You do not have to testify against your self nor you spouse.

Archived