• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did You Ever Preach On The Subject Tattoos

The Glory Land

• Members

Couldn't you have taken your family to a lake to have fun in the water? Yes, families do have fun there but aren't we suppose to be separated from the things of the world? Swimsuits cover about as much as Playboy magazine page nowadays.

That would be the scriptural approach. We are commanded to separate ourselves from the world. We are told in Scripture we are not of the world. We are told to protect our children, as well as our own eyes, ears, minds and hearts from the things of the world. We are to raise our children, and guide our family, in accord with God's view of what should be "normal", not in accord with the worlds view of "normal".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, we could have went somewhere else. But we are of this world now. We must  raise our children as normally as possible. We are losing our teens when they go off to college. Their eyes are opened to many things and they taste. When mines get old enough they will be able to face reality in this life and hide not from it.

Wrong! We are IN this world, we are NOT to be OF this world.

Normally? No, we must raise our children to be believers and followers and examples of Christ to others. Not that they know how to properly go down a waterslide.

Reality will come at them soon enough with introducing them to it.

• Members

Wrong! We are IN this world, we are NOT to be OF this world.

Normally? No, we must raise our children to be believers and followers and examples of Christ to others. Not that they know how to properly go down a waterslide.
Reality will come at them soon enough with introducing them to it.

• Members

Yes, we could have went somewhere else. But we are of this world now. We must  raise our children as normally as possible. We are losing our teens when they go off to college. Their eyes are opened to many things and they taste. When mines get old enough they will be able to face reality in this life and hide not from it.

Strange, my citizenship is in Heaven, I'm not of the world, I have Christ as Savior, though Him I have overcome the world. I can't Feel At Home In This World Any More.Yet it seem some feels right at home.

• Members

Feel sorry for them, they will all repent later in life. 

Where in the Bible does it say this?

Yes, we could have went somewhere else. But...  We must  raise our children as normally as possible. We are losing our teens when they go off to college. Their eyes are opened to many things and they taste. When mines get old enough they will be able to face reality in this life and hide not from it.

This is very dangerous thinking.  I too used to share this worldly belief.  My mind is wrecked because of the evils I've seen.  Ohh how I wish I'd never ever seen them!  My wife and I exposed our oldest daughter to too much of just what you are doing and it has made her walk with the Lord 10x harder than her siblings who we were then wise enough to shelter from it.

If they love the Lord with all their heart and are well versed in the Scriptures, better than you, they will not succomb to the temptations of the world, at least not as many or as easily.

I took my family to the beach today, a nice secluded one with only eight parking spaces.  Except for the ladies with me, all the women were immorally dressed and naked according to God's Word.  I spent much time in prayer asking for forgiveness and I don't even think like I used to.  I tried to focus on feeding the fish shrimp from my hooks (Did a pretty good job of it!) but they kept walking in front of me and under my line anyway.

• Members

Feel sorry for them, they will all repent later in life. 

Yes, we could have went somewhere else. But...  We must  raise our children as normally as possible. We are losing our teens when they go off to college. Their eyes are opened to many things and they taste. When mines get old enough they will be able to face reality in this life and hide not from it.

This is very dangerous thinking.  I too used to share this worldly belief.  My mind is wrecked because of the evils I've seen.  Ohh how I wish I'd never ever seen them!  My wife and I exposed our oldest daughter to too much of just what you are doing and it has made her walk with the Lord 10x harder than her siblings who we were then wise enough to shelter from it.

If they love the Lord with all their heart and are well versed in the Scriptures, better than you, they will not succomb to the temptations of the world, at least not as many or as easily.

I took my family to the beach today, a nice secluded one with only eight parking spaces.  Except for the ladies with me, all the women were immorally dressed and naked according to God's Word.  I spent much time in prayer asking for forgiveness and I don't even think like I used to.  I tried to focus on feeding the fish shrimp from my hooks (Did a pretty good job of it!) but they kept walking in front of me and under my line anyway.

• Members

This is very dangerous thinking. I too used to share this worldly belief. My mind is wrecked because of the evils I've seen. Ohh how I wish I'd never ever seen them! My wife and I exposed our oldest daughter to too much of just what you are doing and it has made her walk with the Lord 10x harder than her siblings who we were then wise enough to shelter from it.

I took my family to the beach today, a nice secluded one with only eight parking spaces. Except for the ladies with me, all the women were immorally dressed and naked according to God's Word. I spent much time in prayer asking for forgiveness and I don't even think like I used to. I tried to focus on feeding the fish shrimp from my hooks (Did a pretty good job of it!) but they kept walking in front of me and under my line anyway.

• Members

This is very dangerous thinking. I too used to share this worldly belief. My mind is wrecked because of the evils I've seen. Ohh how I wish I'd never ever seen them! My wife and I exposed our oldest daughter to too much of just what you are doing and it has made her walk with the Lord 10x harder than her siblings who we were then wise enough to shelter from it.

I took my family to the beach today, a nice secluded one with only eight parking spaces. Except for the ladies with me, all the women were immorally dressed and naked according to God's Word. I spent much time in prayer asking for forgiveness and I don't even think like I used to. I tried to focus on feeding the fish shrimp from my hooks (Did a pretty good job of it!) but they kept walking in front of me and under my line anyway.

• Moderators

Which is why God tells them to get married. But why expose yourself unnecessarily to temptation? You can't avoid the billboards, illustrations, and constant filth posted everywhere. You can avoid places where immodesty is practically a requirement for entrance, and find quiet pools and lakes to enjoy instead.

Hey, Glory Land, when you quote a post, you can type in your response immediately underneath the quote instead of having to reply in a separate post. :wink

• Moderators

Which is why God tells them to get married. But why expose yourself unnecessarily to temptation? You can't avoid the billboards, illustrations, and constant filth posted everywhere. You can avoid places where immodesty is practically a requirement for entrance, and find quiet pools and lakes to enjoy instead.

Hey, Glory Land, when you quote a post, you can type in your response immediately underneath the quote instead of having to reply in a separate post. :wink

And of course you don't need to be immodestly clothed in the presence of your child either (boy, is that often overlooked).

• Members

I know of no Scripture which specifically condemns tatoos per se although I would generally advise against them.  The context of the Mosaic ordinance was to separate themselves from pagan religious practices.  This is the immediately preceding verse:   

Lev 19:27   Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Outside of that particular injunction, there is simply no Scripture whatsoever which forbids tatooing.   

• Members

And of course you don't need to be immodestly clothed in the presence of your child either (boy, is that often overlooked).

There's a message that needs to be preached and taught! It's shocking the state of undress some parents are in when their children are present. Somehow they seem to think it's okay to be immodest in view of the immediate family, whether in their back yard, the house, or in their own swimming pool or an isolated swim hole at a creek.

Mom and daughters in their little bikinis and dad and their sons in tiny swim trunks seems to be something many Christian parents don't recognize as the immodest problem it is, which establishes the concept that such dress is acceptable while leading to various sins.

As the song says, "be careful little eyes what you see!" We parents should help our children in this.

• Members

Yesterday I read the following and thought of this thread.

God wants us to avoid all unnecessary temptations. Therefore, He taught us to pray: "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil" (Matthew 6:13), and He told Peter, "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: (Matthew 26:41). Watching and praying includes setting up standards and making vows for purity, as Daniel did (see Daniel 1:8). "A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished" (Proverbs 22:3).

Archived