• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Valentine

• Members

Whenever I take my wife out for dinner, she says I could do a better meal than that. But then she is a vegetarian and you cannot get much suitable unless you go to a vegetarian restaurant, and I don't know of any around here. We did have about three in Canterbury, dut I don;t think there are any now.

To get back to your "questionable" point. Not questionable, by using the name you are invoking a catholic saint, aka, a pagan god.

Whenever I take my wife out for dinner, she says I could do a better meal than that. But then she is a vegetarian and you cannot get much suitable unless you go to a vegetarian restaurant, and I don't know of any around here. We did have about three in Canterbury, dut I don;t think there are any now.

To get back to your "questionable" point. Not questionable, by using the name you are invoking a catholic saint, aka, a pagan god.

Yes, I agree it's pagan practice to venerate these guys above any other. It's not Biblical to do so. God has forgiven me. My wife also has enjoyed an evening at dinner. She knows I took her because I love her and enjoy seeing her have an evening of enjoyment.

• Members

In my house Valentines day is a month full of hearts, pink and red and white and purple colors all around and no cupid unless I get something with cupid on it then its ok , I like the colors of each holidays in each season and each month.
In Janaury its a month of winter and life.
in Feb its Hearts and love month and anything to do with love but love should be all year round.
In march its shamrock and green month and my husband's birthday
In April its Spring celebration with some Easter stuff
In May its honouring your mother and Memorial day month
In June its Honoring your father month and start of summer with flag day
In july its still summer and its Patriotic USA month month
In August its celebration of back to school and almost end of summer.
In September is Annniversary and Birthday month and start of the apple picking month and apple month.
My husband and mine wedding anniversary is September 21st .
In October is pumpkin patch month and yes we do carve some pumpkins in a Christian manner.
We pass out treats and gospel tracts but this year we will be in a new neighborhood and not sure how good the neighborhood is.
In November its my Birthday, Thanksgiving and Veterans day and ETC and giving Thanks and turkey and that sort of thing.
In December its a few Birthdays and celebration of Christs birth and Christmas.
You see I desinated these things of each month to enjoy the year and make memories and they are all Christ and family centered.

We are going to a doctors office appointment on valentines day , we are not getting any candy I don't think but, I am debating what I'll do maybe a roast or turkey or something .

• Members

My mom and her twin was born 7 days before Valentines day , so I use that for an excuse to get her a heart shaped cake, I requested for her 40th Birthday when I was 7 years , I wanted a heart shape cake, so my parents listened LOL. It was her Birthday LOL but they didn't want me upset so they got that heart shaped cake, she gave me one of the biggest flowers, its on video when my mom was explaining to my sister LOL.

Speaking about cake my husband got me a half dozen valentines day cupcakes tonight while getting buns for supper :) on tuesday we will be going to doctors offices and we are going to our organic grocery store for supper or throw a pot roast in the crock pot not sure yet.

• Administrators

My sweetie gave me a beautiful card this morning, along with a couple of heart candies and a chocolate kiss. He also has some sort of secret plan for dinner tonight, too. :wub: I gave him a Snicker bar - his favorite candy bar.

Dave, I wouldn't worry about taking your wife out for valentine's day (I know you aren't)...after all, this year it's on a Tuesday - which is actually Thor's day/ So, unless and until those who say we can't use the name of valentine because the guy it's named after was a pagan change the names of their week and even their months, valentine will do. :coolsmiley:

My sweetie gave me a beautiful card this morning, along with a couple of heart candies and a chocolate kiss. He also has some sort of secret plan for dinner tonight, too. :wub: I gave him a Snicker bar - his favorite candy bar.

Dave, I wouldn't worry about taking your wife out for valentine's day (I know you aren't)...after all, this year it's on a Tuesday - which is actually Thor's day/ So, unless and until those who say we can't use the name of valentine because the guy it's named after was a pagan change the names of their week and even their months, valentine will do. :coolsmiley:

I gave my valentine a card this morning. Oh, coffee and snickers would be dandy...I prefer milk with my snickers but, coffee has worked before.

• Members

Just so someone don't jump crazy some day, Tuesday is actualy Tir's day while Thursday is Thor's day.

We don't want to discuss what the "heart" shape was originally a design of.

• Members

I gave my valentine a card this morning. Oh, coffee and snickers would be dandy...I prefer milk with my snickers but, coffee has worked before.

Perhaps we should rename the days? What would you suggest. The Germans have "Midweek" (Weds) the French have "Dimanche", the day of the Lord (Sun). What could we call the remainder?

• Members

Perhaps we should rename the days? What would you suggest. The Germans have "Midweek" (Weds) the French have "Dimanche", the day of the Lord (Sun). What could we call the remainder?

How about First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Day? Or maybe that would just get too confusing. :icon_smile: