• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Assault on our Family

• Members
You and your family will be in my prayers, Brother John. :pray
(Hebrews 13:5) - "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
God bless,
Crushmaster.

:amen: Thank you brother!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

1 Peter 5
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

I too am going through a court case involving social workers, lies and stress. You do not say which country you are in. I am in the UK. I would respectfully suggest that you depend less on God, who may be ignoring your prayers and more on a decent legal representative.
Social workers have a job to do. They do not hang people 'out to dry' in civilised societies. The best interests of the child are paramount. They don't always get it right but they don't often get it as wrong as you seem to be inferring.

...If you think about it, there is no one else we can depend on. Humans can fail us.
God, who is completely perfect, cannot fail, or do wrong.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

John,
I prayed and will continue praying. I'm sorry your family is going through this attack on your faith.

Has anyone suggested you contact the Christian Law Association?
"CLA has served Bible-believing churches and Christians since 1969."

"If you have encountered legal difficulty for practicing the Biblical faith, please contact our office at:"
P.O. Box 4010
Seminole, FL 33775
(727) 399-8300

I don't know which state you're in but it may not hurt to contact them or someone like them and give a few details.

• Members

The Lord has used your prayers and words of encouragement to give me a sense of peace and lighten this burden. I am, of course, still concerned about what they are doing and what they might be up to, but I do have a peace from God now.

They have been careful to avoid directly attacking our faith and our homeschooling, likely as not realizing the problems such could create for them. In fact, the lead social worker has at times attempted to go out of her way to prove or convince us that she's a "good Christian". She obviously doesn't realize it but her attempts have been very obvious and disingenuous. In one of her attempts to prove her Christian credentials she carried on about some Christian fiction series she reads. I'm not sure but I think it's a "Christian romance" series of books. I do believe she reads those books but so do many professing Christians who are not biblical Christians. This woman practices great deception. She can sit and joke and talk with you as if we are her long lost friends for the bulk of an hour meeting and then strike out at us without blinking an eye.

In any event, at present I think it's a matter of trusting God and doing what we can to meet their demands without compromising our faith or integrity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Praying for you' date=' John. I have absolutely no use for social(ist) workers. Is there any chance you and your wife can have legal representation at this meeting?[/quote']

I contacted a lawyer and he said unless the social workers take some kind of legal action there is really nothing we can do other than try to ride it out. Lord willing our pastor will be with us during the meeting.

Thank you all for your prayers!!!

• Members

Will be praying.

I think if it was me, I would insist on some type of witness there. If your pastor can't be there, someone else. I would also record everything, because no matter what happens those people will tell whatever lies they think they have to tell to get their way. They have NO integrity.

John I know you will only allow the LORD to guide you in this whole matter. I pray you have His wisdom in abundance and peace with every step you take thru this process. Please always know I am praying always for you and your family. :pray Remember, the Lord loves you and will carry you thru all this situation. Your sister in Christ-Pixiedust