• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rips out pages he doesn't like...

• Administrators

They understand not God and the Savior, but one day, if they don't make that trip to the Cross, they will find out the full impact and consequences of what they have done.

So true - and while many actions of the lost here on earth make me angry, it also makes me so sad to think that they will spend eternity in Hell.

• Members

So not only does he disrespect and desecrate the Word of God, he's also a vandal and encourages others engage in wicked and illegal behavior.

I wonder when the police will be charging him with vandalism and encouraging others to vandalize? I won't hold my breath.

I wonder when the Christian community will boycott anything to do with him and raise such a fuss he is forced to apologize or become an out of work recluse as Muslims would if he did this to the Koran? Again, I won't hold my breath.

• Members

So not only does he disrespect and desecrate the Word of God, he's also a vandal and encourages others engage in wicked and illegal behavior.

I wonder when the police will be charging him with vandalism and encouraging others to vandalize? I won't hold my breath.

I wonder when the Christian community will boycott anything to do with him and raise such a fuss he is forced to apologize or become an out of work recluse as Muslims would if he did this to the Koran? Again, I won't hold my breath.

Good luck finding Christians that will do that nowadays...good thing you are not holding your breath. They enjoy his movies too much. PrOBably Christians okay with it, most weren't reading those parts anyway.

• Administrators

I don't know exactly, other than that he starred in the Lord of the Rings movies. And is openly "gay." I just thought it was quite interesting that he actually rips pages out of the Bible that deal with homosexuality. Like he thinks that changes what God says.

• Members

I don't know exactly, other than that he starred in the Lord of the Rings movies. And is openly "gay." I just thought it was quite interesting that he actually rips pages out of the Bible that deal with homosexuality. Like he thinks that changes what God says.

He prOBably thinks, these Bibles that when I rip out their pages people who read them want be able to read that section. PrOBably makes him feel good about himself.

• Members

John, I think you nailed it. Our legal entities and government would be more hotly incensed over the Koran's desecration than the Bible. Wasn't that the case in Gitmo, Cuba?

• Administrators

John, I think you nailed it. Our legal entities and government would be more hotly incensed over the Koran's desecration than the Bible. Wasn't that the case in Gitmo, Cuba?
Yes - even though the Koran wasn't really desecrated there - Time (or was it Newsweek?) made up the story of the flushing of the Koran...

• Members

I'm not sure the government is in favor of one over the other for "religious" reasons as much as they are taking a pragmatic approach to keeping the nation's citizens from being 9/11'd again!

The reason our government makes a bigger deal of desecration of the Koran (compared to the Bible) is that those who hold that the Koran is a holy book from god are willing to kill you and your entire family without remorse for desecrating the Koran; where as at this time in history, Christians are not willing to kill anyone for desecrating the Holy Bible from God because the Lord Jesus Christ teaches love, forgiveness and turning the other cheek.