• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Trump Bible

• Members

Have anyone here purchased this Bible yet, it has been out for a while. I imagine that it is good, but I wouldn’t pay $60 for it, unless I would buy it to sell it for more later, as a collector's item in the future. 

Donald Trump is selling a 'God Bless the USA' Bible for $60 📖

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/27/1241186975/donald-trump-bible-god-bless-usa

• Members
56 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What version is it? What makes it a Trump Bible? Certain notes or content?

Trump announced the launch of the leather-bound, large-print, King James Bible

The Bible is only available online and sells for $59.99 (considerably more expensive than the traditional Bibles sold at major retailers, or those available for free at many churches and hotels). It includes Greenwood's handwritten chorus of its titular song as well as copies of historical documents including the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Pledge of Allegiance.

"Many of you have never read them and don't know the liberties and rights you have as Americans, and how you are being threatened to lose those rights," Trump said in a three-minute video advertisement.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members

I bought one. It's a KJV with the Declaration, Constitution and Pledge of Alligience in it. It's nice size and a soft "pleather" cover. I believe I paid around $65 for it that included shipping. Technically, I believe the Bible has more to do with singer Lee Greenwood it just has Trump's name on it. I think the money goes to support his campaign but I'm not 109% sure on that 

• Members
52 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I bought one. It's a KJV with the Declaration, Constitution and Pledge of Alligience in it. It's nice size and a soft "pleather" cover. I believe I paid around $65 for it that included shipping. Technically, I believe the Bible has more to do with singer Lee Greenwood it just has Trump's name on it. I think the money goes to support his campaign but I'm not 109% sure on that 

I’m not sure if it’s a limited edition, that they make so many of them. If they do decide to go this way, these Bible definitely will be with more money. Maybe even double its price in the future. Once Trump is no longer serving, the price can even triple on original ones. So buy a case and just stick it in the closet somewhere, and then sell it a few years from now. If the Lord have not returned yet, this is not a joke.

• Administrators

I don't think I'd pay that much for it, but I'm glad it contains the founding documents. Folks need to reacquaint themselves with them. We have many copies of them here, so don't need more at this point.

The last time I paid that much for a Bible was when I got a KJV/RVG 2010 side-by-side (RVG is Spanish from the Textus Receptus). I don't speak Spanish, but I do like to read the verses so I can see them in both languages. It's worth every penny.

• Members

A "Trump Bible". Really? Doesn't that sound just a tad bit oxymoronic to anyone but me? It's not even truly "his Bible" as he just took Lee Greenwood's pre-existing Bible and pasted his name on it for political and monetary gain. (FYI, Greenwood's Bible was supposed to be NIV, but Zondervan withheld the rights, so they had to go KJV as it is in the public domain).

The main thing I see when I look at Trump is pride and arrogance.  I don't see Trump in any way as a spiritual leader. I'm only voting for him because in this nation's current sad state of affairs he is the least harmful. His name certainly doesn't belong on a Bible.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 16:18-19 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Edited by Napsterdad

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

A "Trump Bible". Really? Doesn't that sound just a tad bit oxymoronic to anyone but me? It's not even truly "his Bible" as he just took Lee Greenwood's pre-existing Bible and pasted his name on it for political and monetary gain. (FYI, Greenwood's Bible was supposed to be NIV, but Zondervan withheld the rights, so they had to go KJV as it is in the public domain).

The main thing I see when I look at Trump is pride and arrogance.  I don't see Trump in any way as a spiritual leader. I'm only voting for him because in this nation's current sad state of affairs he is the least harmful. His name certainly doesn't belong on a Bible.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 16:18-19 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

I tend to agree with you. I don't buy these kinds of Bibles outside Schofield and Thompson. I have friends who buy every Bible that comes out, ie, Tony Evans Study Bible, Jimmy Swaggart Study Bible, etc. It's man worship as far as I'm concerned. Those people who put out these Bible's should just sell the notes...