• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Video or Audio Messages?

• Members

When I was a kid, I remember my mother listening to cassette tapes of different preachers. She was blind and spent hours listening to these tapes, and she had shoe boxes (plural) full of them. Her favorites were Dr. Donald G. Barnhouse, and Charles Stanley. I guess the idea of listening to messages all during the week sort of grew on me, and after retiring a few years ago, I have in the last couple of years become accustomed to listening to messages all the time.

I ran across the messages of Dr. Curtis Hutson lately and have been very impressed with him. I was just wondering if anyone ever listened to him, and if there was a rule about posting video or audio messages in the forum or not. I wanted to share a couple of his messages, but not if there was a rule against it.

• Members

When I was a kid, I remember my mother listening to cassette tapes of different preachers. She was blind and spent hours listening to these tapes, and she had shoe boxes (plural) full of them. Her favorites were Dr. Donald G. Barnhouse, and Charles Stanley. I guess the idea of listening to messages all during the week sort of grew on me, and after retiring a few years ago, I have in the last couple of years become accustomed to listening to messages all the time.

I ran across the messages of Dr. Curtis Hutson lately and have been very impressed with him. I was just wondering if anyone ever listened to him, and if there was a rule about posting video or audio messages in the forum or not. I wanted to share a couple of his messages, but not if there was a rule against it.

I have the Bible KJV on DVD.  Its really nice to have and listen to.  I picked it up at Family Book Store.  I didn't like going in there.  But I picked up a copy and use it a lot.  Another thing Tim is youtube.  Lots of preachers on there.  Hours of material and it's free some street preaching that I like that can be interesting.  I don't know what the rules are in the forum however. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a set of 25 cassettes of Oliver B Green the set is a ministry lession collection my Dad gave them to me when I had spoke with him about God calling me into the ministry,Dad thought I had been called to pastor the church he misunderstood that God had called me into the youth ministry, though I did use them often when I was studying under my pastor, I've had these tapes for over 30 years and their still in good shape the set is out of print and can't be got on cd , if anyone knows how or what equipment I would need to put them on disc I would be greatly thankful for any help.

God bless

• Members

Bro. Smith and Brethren,

Thank you for letting us know about the cassette tapes. If somebody could help Bro. Smith get those onto CD tapes I am sure it would be a blessing.

About a year after I was saved I heard about Oliver B. Greene (around 1973). I ordered his books and with an open Bible God taught me the scriptures. Bro. Greene was a wonderful man of God and he is shouting up in glory as we speak.

Bro. Greene is one of the few men I would encourage every one on OnLine Baptist to get a hold of every commentary he wrote and every set of messages that he wrote and listen with an open Bible. I believe that God will give you some godly teaching and counsel.

Alan

Edited by Alan
link problem

• Members

Thanks for the info brother John, Brother Alan something went wrong when I posted to John, sorry brother

I have a machine that records both LP's and Cassette Tapes to Compact Disc.  It is manufactured by Memorex.

they are expensive.  Mine cost $300 a few years back.

Thank you brother i'll check this out

God bless

Edited by EKSmith