• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Cambridge Paragraph Bible

• Members

I believe the KJB is perfect and is the word of God.
I do not believe in advanced revelation. No way, no how.
Read my clarification post a few pages back. Inspiration maintained by way of preservation. The King James Bible's translators just did a really good job going diligently through all the sources and figuring it out for every word. Haven't found them in error yet.
With so much evidence, I believe by a mustard seed of faith that God has preserved His words in the King James Bible.

Samer,

What's your understanding of advanced revelation?

Doc H

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Tyndale Bible is incomplete, and The Geneva Bible disagrees with the King James in Acts 4:12. ;)

Disagreement with another version is not the issue. If it was disagreement with the underlying texts, that would be the issue.

• Members

Disagreement with another version is not the issue. If it was disagreement with the underlying texts, that would be the issue.

The context supports Easter over Passover, although both are acceptable translations of pasach. In any case, as the King James differs from the Geneva, I don't see how they can both be right, since Easter is different than Passover, although both are pasach in Greek.

• Members

The context supports Easter over Passover, although both are acceptable translations of pasach. In any case, as the King James differs from the Geneva, I don't see how they can both be right, since Easter is different than Passover, although both are pasach in Greek.

Either way, the arrest occurred after Passover right?

• Members

If they are both acceptable translations of it then can they not both be correct?

Passover is a single day event. The feast of unleavened bread is the week long event. If a "Bible" doesn't match up with the King James, then the other "Bible" is wrong.

Katy-Anne