• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shepherd's Chapel

Maxmya

• Members
49 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

In this post, the following contributors joined and quit the exact same day: JB White, Nancy shortridge, Debra Miller, John Crocker, Katrewn, Karen Mentzel, 4TRUTH7, kara h, and Meemaw0891.

Quite a list. Other sites I am on have similar occurrences. One "hit" wonders is what they usually end up being. 

• Members
28 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Quite a list. Other sites I am on have similar occurrences. One "hit" wonders is what they usually end up being. 

I remember another website that would get this from Catholic posters. The owner of the website was a former Franciscan monk who got saved and was even KJV Only. He said at seminary they would actually raid forums and post Catholic teachings, stir up arguments and debates then leave as sudden as they arrived. Apparently, they would even be graded on how well they could do this. Like extra curricular work.

This is probably why when these drive-bys happen there is a sudden rash of them where it's almost like they are working in cahoots then they all disappear. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I remember another website that would get this from Catholic posters. The owner of the website was a former Franciscan monk who got saved and was even KJV Only. He said at seminary they would actually raid forums and post Catholic teachings, stir up arguments and debates then leave as sudden as they arrived. Apparently, they would even be graded on how well they could do this. Like extra curricular work.

This is probably why when these drive-bys happen there is a sudden rash of them where it's almost like they are working in cahoots then they all disappear. 

That's possible. I know on the BB this would happen quite often 

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 7:41 AM, Meemaw080919 said:

Judging begins in the pulpit. Preachers better get it right. Yall have no clue what is the truth. You will find out when you think Jesus has returned to rapture you out but hold on...is he really gonna show up first or will the anti christ fool everyone of you foolish baptists. So sad

That's the big issue with Christianity.  There's so many different beliefs and doctrines that it makes me wonder if anybody has the truth!

• Members
48 minutes ago, Muckah said:

That's the big issue with Christianity.  There's so many different beliefs and doctrines that it makes me wonder if anybody has the truth!

I believe there are different beliefs concerning several groups on the rapture, the millennial kingdom, baptism, tongues, etc, but it's usually due to faulty hermeneutical and exegetical practices. Salvations implementation is pretty clear. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

• 4 months later...

Arnold Murray is (was) a heretic of the "Captain Obvious" variety! There is absolutely nothing of redeeming value in anything he teaches or preaches! There is so much good material on the web, why waste your time there?

What attracts gullible people (especially Baptists) is the fact that he does give a semblance of honest to God verse-by-verse study and it often sharply contrasts with the garbage that comes from certain "Fundamental" Baptist pulpits where some loud-mouthed slob opens up his Bible, quotes a "Spring Board" text and then blathers away for an hour or so on a bunch of opinionated nonsense!

This is why Baptists are often "Easy Pickings" for the Mormons, Jehovah "False" Witnesses, and so forth! And I am talking about SBC and IFB!

You want to "Cult Proof" your Church? Start teaching your people the Bible and bridle your tongue where any "Opinionated Rants" are concerned!

Not sure if it pertains to anyone here but if it helps, you are welcome!😎

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Neal1960 said:

I have attended Baptist Church and heard pastors say it was alright to receive the mark of the beast. I no longer attend Baptist Churches. What say yea?

First of all, not all Baptist Churches teach this. John Macarthur made comments that allude to this but once you understand the full context of his comments, things clear up quite a bit and become much less controversial.

Secondly, I have little interest in Churches that give all their attention to eschatology and little else. Baptist Churches have pretty much every eschatological view you could imagine and many you would be none the wiser because their attention is spent upon more pertinent doctrinal issues.

Just in case you are unaware of the $5 word I have employed, eschatology means "Last Things" and is the study of end time events.

Our Lord's return is imminent and has been since Pentecost in Acts 2. If the Lord does not return today, rest assured that God has a specific plan for us individually and as a Church. It is time to seek out the will of the Lord and do it.😉

• Members

John MacArthur has many doctrinal issues (reformed/Calvinist theology), preference for the Critical text and loves to correct the Bible at times) - and he absolutely does teach that a saved person can receive the mark of the beast and also that you can be saved after receiving the mark - though the book of Revelation clearly teaches that those who receive the mark face God’s judgement during the tribulation and afterwards face eternity in the lake of fire. It also states the opposite to make it even clearer: those who are saved during the tribulation have the victory over the mark of the beast. There is no middle ground.

I am sure many so-called Baptist churches have their issues, but there are many that do not hold heretical doctrines or practices. I don’t know of any other Baptist pastor who teaches what MacArthur does on the mark of the beast, so please don’t lump all Baptist churches in the same category as his.

Here are all the references to the mark of the beast in the book of Revelation.

The mark is first mentioned in Revelation 13:16, but seven other times it is referred to as the mark of the beast or his mark:

Revelation 13:17; 14:9 , 11; 15:2; 16:2; 19:20; 20:4

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Good for them! They realize that God (in your case the 'Trinity') is not sadistic, and that there is actually DEATH instead of the 'immortal soul' !

• Members
2 hours ago, Thinking said:

Good for them! They realize that God (in your case the 'Trinity') is not sadistic, and that there is actually DEATH instead of the 'immortal soul' !

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord....sorry, but your JW teaching doesn't cut it here. Then there is the rich man in hell beseeching Abraham to give him one drop of water...a LITERAL account given by Christ. 

• Members
28 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord....sorry, but your JW teaching doesn't cut it here. Then there is the rich man in hell beseeching Abraham to give him one drop of water...a LITERAL account given by Christ. 

Heh!