• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Pastor has his own assigned Parkin lot

Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 10/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, Salyan said:

It's unhealthy to be speaking of yourself in the plural, there, TGL. ? 

This seems rather an unprofitable conversation. 

You were correct, no Pastor will openly say he has his own assigned parking space. But I do know this is happening. It’s no big deal. Just an observation. ? for we shall not be a shame, in well doing.

unprofitable 

• Moderators

If it's no big deal, then why are we talking about it?

TGL, I think you need to stop challenging things that aren't a problem.  Frankly, even if a pastor did have an assigned space (which I could only think would happen in huge churches), it would probably be a good thing. They're busy and are coming to work when they get to church. It's not like they'll be taking space from legislatively-required handicapped stalls. 

• Members

Ha! I am a pastor, and I am willing to say that I have my own assigned parking space. The parsonage is on the church grounds, and my assigned parking space is in my garage (since I just walk to the church building).

By the way, why is it a problem for the pastor to have an assigned parking space. Consider 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 -- "And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; and to esteem them very highly in love for their works sake. And be at peace among yourselves."  If the church body itself decides to grant an assigned parking space to the pastor, this does not seem from my perspective to be outside the boundaries of esteeming him very highly in love.

• Members

I'm not a pastor, but since we will temporarily have church services at my house for the next two weeks, technically the driveway is my assigned parking spot, haha! However, since my driveway is only one car space long, I will move my car down the road a bit so those on motor scooters can park there instead. The pastor will have to park down the road as well since his van won't fit in the driveway with the motor scooters. 

Honestly, I think this is a non-issue. I'm not going to judge a pastor for having an assigned parking spot or praise a pastor for not having one. 

• Members
21 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Honestly, I think this is a non-issue. I'm not going to judge a pastor for having an assigned parking spot or praise a pastor for not having one. 

Agreed. Maybe one of those matters wherein we simply ought not be busy bodies in other church's matters.