• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

No happy Valentimes day posts here…

TheGloryLand

• Members

Well, we had a nice evening at dinner and met up with my parents since my Dad didn't make reservations at the restaurant he chose.  

Our youngest daughters are being courted now, they got flowers and chocolate from someone besides me for the first time!  

• Members

My wife and I stopped "celebrating" Valentine's Day many years ago. We realized that when you openly express your love for each other every day of the year, you don't need a special day set aside to openly express your love for each other. Besides, giving flowers or some other special gift on random days of the year seems a far more sincere and meaningful expression of your love for someone rather than on a day when it is "mandated".

• Members

This is our 39th Valentine's Day together...my wife and I. We used to celebrate but stopped many years ago because of the over-emphasis on just one day. I did, however, buy her a box of chocolates, at which she was surprised, but was upset that I spent the money that could have been used for something else.  She's been around me far too long in that respect because I am a spendthrift. ? Still, I like her to have a some kind of gesture to know I love her.

• Moderators
On 2/15/2023 at 3:59 AM, Napsterdad said:

My wife and I stopped "celebrating" Valentine's Day many years ago. We realized that when you openly express your love for each other every day of the year, you don't need a special day set aside to openly express your love for each other. Besides, giving flowers or some other special gift on random days of the year seems a far more sincere and meaningful expression of your love for someone rather than on a day when it is "mandated".

You sound like my dad. He's convinced Father's Day is for people who don't treat their father right the rest of the year. Doesn't keep him from enjoying any goodies I bring.   ?

• Members
2 hours ago, Salyan said:

You sound like my dad. He's convinced Father's Day is for people who don't treat their father right the rest of the year. Doesn't keep him from enjoying any goodies I bring.   ?

Your father sounds like a very wise man.

• Members
17 hours ago, Salyan said:

I'll definitely take that as a compliment. ? I'm probably OLD ENOUGH to be your dad! 

13 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

For dessert a heart ❤️ cake.

valentine's day valentine GIF by evite

For us, it was an ice cream bar! ?