• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will the Jews be left behind when the rapture comes

Go to solution Solved by Jerry,

• Members

All the OT saints will be in the rapture. They were saved by faith in the coming Messiah - therefore they are part of the dead in Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 3/30/2023 at 6:19 PM, Invicta said:

What about the OT saints?

I can only give you my opinion on this. When Christ led captivity captive (Eph 4:8)(Matt 27:52-53) he freed the OT saints from paradise. Paradise was where Abraham and the rich man had their conversation in Luke 16:19-31

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The “saints” in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation are those individuals who got saved AFTER the rapture. At the point of the rapture, ALL saints living and dead UP TO THAT POINT are caught up to meet the Lord in the air - and therefore there are NO true believers remaining on the earth, until new believers get saved during the tribulation period.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jerry said:

The “saints” in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation are those individuals who got saved AFTER the rapture. At the point of the rapture, ALL saints living and dead UP TO THAT POINT are caught up to meet the Lord in the air - and therefore there are NO true believers remaining on the earth, until new believers get saved during the tribulation period.

Thanks, this is what I thought, but are these the 144,000 that also is mentioned elsewhere?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't see how anyone can be saved after the rapture. We were taught that the holy spirit will be removed so no one can be saved.  That was when I was in a dispy church but I left there nearly 50 years ago.

The teaching of the earliest protestant church that I could trace in history who were pre tribulation taught that the earth would be left without a preacher for those 3½ years 

Edited by Invicta

• Members

People have their theories, repeating what they heard elsewhere - BUT the Bible does NOT teach the Holy Spirit will not be on the earth after the rapture. It does state He will stop holding back the antichrist.

Letteth means to hinder or hold back:

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

This is the rapture - after the church age (covered in chapters 2-3):

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

There are several references to the seven Spirits of God in the book of Revelation, which refer to Isaiah 11:2 (sevenfold ministry of the Holy Spirit).

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Chapters 4-5 take place AFTER the rapture (4:1), but before the first seal is opened (6:1-2), and here it states the Holy Spirit is in all the earth - omnipresent. His ministry is different during those seven years - like in the OT - but He is still on earth (in fact, He is everywhere, omnipresent - the seven eyes of Jesus representing omniscience, and the seven horns representing omnipotence).

There are also various groups witnessing during those seven years: the 144,000 in Revelation 7 and 14 - and ch 14 teaches there are an untold number that get saved due to their ministry, the two witnesses in chapter 11, and the angel with the everlasting Gospel in 14:6-7. There may be more, but those three groups are specifically mentioned - plus the Holy Spirit is still working and bearing witness of the Lord Jesus Christ during that time.

Edited by Jerry

• Members
19 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I can't see how anyone can be saved after the rapture. We were taught that the holy spirit will be removed so no one can be saved.  That was when I was in a dispy church but I left there nearly 50 years ago.

The teaching of the earliest protestant church that I could trace in history who were pre tribulation taught that the earth would be left without a preacher for those 3½ years 

Is it possible that those that are left behind, For example, those that did not accept Christ, but heard it preached, or the false preacher being left behind then realizing that he was wrong, and the gospel of salvation is true. These will have to pay the ultimate price for their new faith in Christ. Suffer like Christ did, in the shedding of their blood. 

• Members

This passage teaches that those who knew or understood the truth and rejected it before the rapture will be deceived by God Himself and will be unable to believe after the Antichrist is revealed (ie. after the rapture).

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Members
41 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This passage teaches that those who knew or understood the truth and rejected it before the rapture will be deceived by God Himself and will be unable to believe after the Antichrist is revealed (ie. after the rapture).

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This blindness could be compared to the blindness of the Pharaoh.