• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

People Standing Firm In Christ?

The Glory Land

• Members

Can a person standing firm in christ  be right all the time, i beliieve that man, does not know all the mysteries of God. If a person says openly that he does understand everything of the bible 100 percent. Could this preacher be follow or trusted? I will trust in a preacher that says, he is a sinner, and that he is saved by the grace of God. That he does not have all the answers, and that we must trust in God and not in man. This is my kind of pastor, teacher, or preacher.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

TGL, a person can stand firm in Christ without standing firm in Christ 100% of the time and also without being right 100% of the time but they cannot be right 100% of the time without standing firm in Christ 100% of the time.

A person can be a pot stirrer without stirring it 100% of the time but cannot stir the pot 100% of the time without being a pot stirrer 100% of the time.

A person can be in the Gloryland Way but a PERSON can't be The Glory Land just as a person cannot be The State of Texas.

The question of if one can be 100% right in their life is not the same question as a person standing firm in Christ.

Maybe you should change your user name to The Pot Stirrer, or The Thread Lockee (as opposed to the Locker -- one locks, the other gets locked), or ESL (English as a Second Language) or maybe How Can I Get People Going Now?.

:yeah:  

• Moderators

Can someone named Ukulelemike, actually play the ukulele, while his name is Mike? Or is he just green? (Though I hear tha's not easy).

When your post count passes mine (less than 100 off) does that make you an OLDER fashioned preacher? If I'm older than dirt - what will that make you? If you become an older fashioned preacher, will that make me a youngster?

• Members

This doesn't seem to be so crazy of a thread topic. I've encountered preachers who try to pass themselves off as virtually perfect. I've also encountered lay folks like that as well. I've met Baptists, Methodists, Nazarenes and I think a Pentecostal and some I don't know their church affiliation, who presented themselves as having it altogether. Some of them believe in the idea that one can rise to perfect holiness in this life. The others seemed to think they had simply arrived at some "closest (as opposed to closer) walk with Thee".

Today it seems to be more common to encounter those who not only admit they sin, but basically brag about it. They take the "I'm a sinner like you" idea and carry it to the extreme, to the point where they present their lives as being nearly as sinful as lost sinners.

I'm closer to perfect now than I was 10 or 20 years ago, but only by degrees, and certainly nowhere near actually being perfect, or perfectly holy.

• Moderators

This doesn't seem to be so crazy of a thread topic. I've encountered preachers who try to pass themselves off as virtually perfect. I've also encountered lay folks like that as well. I've met Baptists, Methodists, Nazarenes and I think a Pentecostal and some I don't know their church affiliation, who presented themselves as having it altogether. Some of them believe in the idea that one can rise to perfect holiness in this life. The others seemed to think they had simply arrived at some "closest (as opposed to closer) walk with Thee".

Today it seems to be more common to encounter those who not only admit they sin, but basically brag about it. They take the "I'm a sinner like you" idea and carry it to the extreme, to the point where they present their lives as being nearly as sinful as lost sinners.

I'm closer to perfect now than I was 10 or 20 years ago, but only by degrees, and certainly nowhere near actually being perfect, or perfectly holy.

The thread theme isn't so outlandish as an issue, it was the choice of using SFIC's handle with the question of implication (don't feed the martyr syndrome -- okay, I know what I just did)

• Members

Thank you, others are confuses here. My words are just not clear, for all to understand. You see how they made it a attack post?

• Members

TGL, a person can stand firm in Christ without standing firm in Christ 100% of the time and also without being right 100% of the time but they cannot be right 100% of the time without standing firm in Christ 100% of the time.

A person can be a pot stirrer without stirring it 100% of the time but cannot stir the pot 100% of the time without being a pot stirrer 100% of the time.

A person can be in the Gloryland Way but a PERSON can't be The Glory Land just as a person cannot be The State of Texas.

The question of if one can be 100% right in their life is not the same question as a person standing firm in Christ.

Maybe you should change your user name to The Pot Stirrer, or The Thread Lockee (as opposed to the Locker -- one locks, the other gets locked), or ESL (English as a Second Language) or maybe How Can I Get People Going Now?.

:yeah:  

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 

The Bible is not crystal clear on some things but it definitely is all truth and quoting scripture never stirs the pot.....

Archived