• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Real Name - Screen Name

DaveW

• Members

I prefer to be called by my screen name.  Either "candle" or "candlelight."  I don't like it when people on the forum call me by my first name.  I like to be incognito.  It's bad enough, I have my profile pic up.

Okay Mrs. Susannah Ophelia Woolworthpenny of 888 South North Drive Cul De Sac in Mountain Valley Artic Sandpit portionated America. I'll only call you candlelight in formal postings and candle in the less formal but not your name or any other personal information. :icon_smile:

If we decide to be friends, can I call you CL for short? :biggrin:

• Members

My wife does not like being called by her first name when visiting the doctor or hospital.  Especially by receptionists a third of her age. On one visit to the doctor she was asked her forst name and she said "Mrs."  

On the other hand, I don't mind.  When visiting the hospital I was asked how I wished to be addressed, by my first name, or Mr., or some other.  I said I didn't mind, he could call me "Oy You" if he wanted as long as he didn't call me late for dinner.

Archived