• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Matthew 24:3-31...think quick

• Members

There is no right answer to the questions ahead, no aha gotcha, but feel free to participate.
If I jump in now it might make you think of what I put. I'll add mine later.

Go ahead and glance over Matthew chapter 24 verses 3 through 31.

Now what is the first thing that came across your mind?

Was there a particular word or verse which keyed that thought from this text, what was it?

• Members

This is a message to the Jews as they go through the seven year Tribulation period which takes place after the rapture of the church. It's events are listed in order. Nothing particular, just recalling (from a poor memory) what my Pastor preached on several months ago.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

3 questions asked. 1) when shall these things be 2) what shall be the sign of thy coming 3) what shall be the sign of the end of the world

The answers are in the verses following to the end of the chapter.

• Members

I think of that "blessed hope" that all saved people have, its blessed because they will not pass though the tribulations.

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

I don't know where you get that from. Trbulation is the promised lot of believers.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Ac 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Ro 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Ro 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or
peril, or sword?

Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2Co 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2Co 7:4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

• Members

I don't know where you get that from. Trbulation is the promised lot of believers.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Ac 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Ro 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Ro 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or
peril, or sword?

Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2Co 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2Co 7:4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

I get it from the Bible, & its been shown to you over & over, after Christ comes in the air for Hos own, that wicked one will be let lose.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2Th 2:13 ¶ But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Them will come the Tribulations, followed by the great Tribulations, unlike anytime man has ever face before, & years of it, 3 years of the Tribulation, them 3 & 1/2 years of 'great Tribulations.

Re 6:1 ¶ And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Re 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Re 6:3 ¶ And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Re 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Re 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Re 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
Re 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Re 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Re 6:9 ¶ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Re 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Re 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Re 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Re 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Re 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Re 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Re 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This my friend, is in the future, it has not happened, nothing has ever happen on earth that closely resembles what will happen on earth at that time. Those left behind, those that ignored the Christ, those who refuse that wonderful grace God offers though His Son that He defeated death on the cross, will literally go through times like they never even dreamed of, it will be humankind worse nightmare come true. But those that partook of that wonderful grace offered to all men through Christ, have that wonderful 'blessed hope' before them & will not have to endure those terrible dark days that are ahead of human kind in those days.

Its getting dark, the last hours are right before us, its past time to repent of our sins, confess our sins, taking Christ as our blessed Savior, before its everlasting to late.

• Members

• Members

I get it from the Bible, & its been shown to you over & over, after Christ comes in the air for Hos own, that wicked one will be let lose.

Not from the KJV bible, you don't. "Christ comes in the air for His own," is not in the scripture and is a misquote of what the scripture actually teaches. What the scripture says is that we will meet Him in the air, something completely differerent. "Comming to the air" was invented by the Plymouth Brethren sect, and taken to the US by them.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2Th 2:13 ¶ But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Them Then will come the Tribulations, followed by the great Tribulations, unlike anytime man has ever face before, & years of it, 3 years of the Tribulation, them 3 & 1/2 years of 'great Tribulations. Of course as I have constantly said, that is a another misquote of the scrpture which says "such as" which if you have read my previous posts on the subject, refer to the Jewish wars AD 66-70.

Again, there is nothing to say that the tribulation is three years, three and a half years, or seven years. That is pure fabrication.

Re 6:1 ¶ And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Re 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Re 6:3 ¶ And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Re 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Re 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Re 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
Re 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Re 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Re 6:9 ¶ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Re 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Re 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Re 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Re 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Re 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Re 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Re 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This my friend, is in the future, it has not happened, nothing has ever happen on earth that closely resembles what will happen on earth at that time. Those left behind, those that ignored the Christ, those who refuse that wonderful grace God offers though His Son that He defeated death on the cross, will literally go through times like they never even dreamed of, it will be humankind worse nightmare come true. But those that partook of that wonderful grace offered to all men through Christ, have that wonderful 'blessed hope' before them & will not have to endure those terrible dark days that are ahead of human kind in those days.

Its getting dark, the last hours are right before us, its past time to repent of our sins, confess our sins, taking Christ as our blessed Savior, before its everlasting to late.

As to whether you will go through tribulation? Probably not while you teach such as the above. If, as the reformers and the pre reformers, such as the Waldensians, the Hussites, the Lollards, etc., the Church today taught fearlessly, that the Papacy was the Antichrist, we would soon have tribulation. Edited by Invicta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

someone said and endless debait between post and pre trib, why should it be endless, just open a king james bible and beleive it

no one who understands Daniels 70th week is post trib... unless they think they are a spiritual jew... if matthew 24 is for the chuirch, then what of matthew 25 (the dividing of sheep and goat nations ?) will our salvation be judged according to our works ?

post trib is a stumbling block to rightly dividing the book...

here is a link to help those that don't understand this basic doctrine to be settled once and for all

http://www.sermonaud...=Dr.^Greg^Estep

Edited by frontline_preacher