• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Which KJB do you use?

I use the 1769 KJB, it fits me and I believe God is honored that I have it settled.
I read and study the 1769 version and never refer to the 1611.
The only other Bible I have is the 1611 in soft digital copy only.

Which KJB do you use for study and reading?

• Members

I use the 1769 KJB, it fits me and I believe God is honored that I have it settled.
I read and study the 1769 version and never refer to the 1611.
The only other Bible I have is the 1611 in soft digital copy only.

Which KJB do you use for study and reading?

The same, I use the 1769 edition which is what the vast majority of KJV bibles are. I have a reproduction of the 1611 edition but it is more of just something to look at and to check out marginal notes in than something for serious use. About the only people that I know of that actually use the KJV in the 1611 edition as their main bible is a few hardcore ruckmanites. Even the majority of them don't do that. Edited by Seth-Doty

• Members

1769, occasional I will check verses in the 1611, I've got it in at least 2 Bible programs.

I favor the Thompson Chain Reference Bible.I had my 1st one in the 80's, but in the early 2000's I switched to the Scofield for a few years, but I'm back to the Thompson.

• Members

I use the 1769 edition of the 1611. This seems to be the one that is considered the 16v 11 today, that is the one Bearing Precious Seed publishes, the Old Scofields 1 & 2 are the 1769. Today there are several Bibles that call themselves KJVs but are revisions in some way, many of these have changed spellings and Americainizeing words (ie: knob for knop) to changing the case of letters from upper case to lowercase, (ie: Gen. 1:2 Spirit to spirit).

• Members

As far as I know, all my KJBs are 1769, but I've never checked. I have a Thompson Chain, Scofield Reference, Ruckman Reference, Dake (I think), a Cambridge, and my dad's Cambridge with his notes that he used to preach out of. His is my favorite, but I don't use it much because I don't want to wear it out. I use my Cambridge mostly because it doesn't have notes to distract.

• Members

As far as I know, all my KJBs are 1769, but I've never checked. I have a Thompson Chain, Scofield Reference, Ruckman Reference, Dake (I think), a Cambridge, and my dad's Cambridge with his notes that he used to preach out of. His is my favorite, but I don't use it much because I don't want to wear it out. I use my Cambridge mostly because it doesn't have notes to distract.

Drake sure has some strange teachings, I've got one, it was given to me, I sure would not buy one.

Me too, it was given to me. I think he's a Charasmatic or something. I think he ripped off a bunch of Larkin's charts if I remember

The Drake is a study Bible but, does it contain the KJB and which one 1611 or 1769? I guess I should have specified to include the version contained in your study Bible.