• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tools for the married woman

ThomasCooper

• Members

I'd feel horrible if my wife ever felt that she had to do all those things. It wouldn't kill me to help out. I actually enjoy doing most of the chores my mom used to do.

There is nothing wrong with a man helping or even doing these under some situations, but homekeeping is the realm of women.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Pastors and churches need to teach proper roles and build the young up with a solid biblical foundation for such, and parents should teach their sons and daughters how to carry out their various roles.

That is correct. Which is why we must thank James for putting out these wonderful instructional videos for the heathens that don't have proper instruction at home.

• Administrators

That is correct. Which is why we must thank James for putting out these wonderful instructional videos for the heathens that don't have proper instruction at home.

Oh, and his instructions are so proper. I'm sure your wife irons your socks and slings dust around with a duster. :smilie_loco:4

• Administrators

My husband says forget ironing. He would rather just throw them in the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out. Just to let you know, studies have shown that men who help out around the house have better relationships with their wives.

Your husband's socks get wrinkled? The ones my hubby has don't...even if they did, he'd be with your hubby on this one - even the suggestion of ironing socks is ridiculous. And you're right - relationships are better when both spouses help each other. Not when one treats the other like a slave. "Make them sweat." :smilie_loco:4

John - I'd suggest asking your wife what color duster she'd like. :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

I can't view the video in the OP (no link on my screen), but I've gotten a kick out of reading the comments about it. I'm getting the idea that it's a preacher trying to give helpful hints to housewives; is that what it is? Does he really suggest using a feather duster? All good housewives know that a feather duster is useless to remove dust. Better to get a Scotch-Brite cloth that actually does trap the dust...or, if you don't want to pay the two bucks, at least use a damp cloth made from a ripped-up T-shirt. Now I'm wondering what other gems this man has to share. They must be good, since he (according to the comments) has never done a household chore himself. What a joke!

EDIT: I think the whole "ironing socks" bit harks back to a pre-elastic era, when men had to wear bands around their legs to hold up their socks. John's right...Most of today's garments can be kept wrinkle-free without ironing them. The only time I ever iron is on Saturday night, in preparation for church the next day. And, lucky me, my (very manly) husband prefers to do his own ironing.

Edited by Annie

• Members

Your husband's socks get wrinkled? The ones my hubby has don't...even if they did, he'd be with your hubby on this one - even the suggestion of ironing socks is ridiculous. And you're right - relationships are better when both spouses help each other. Not when one treats the other like a slave. "Make them sweat." :smilie_loco:4

Well, I was talking about his jeans and shirts. As for the socks, he could care less. No one will see them anyways. I usually don't sweat while doing house hold chores. If they really wanted to make us sweat, they could turn off the A/C in the summer to save money and make us suffer. Heh...I am glad neither one of them is my husband. I would have a terrible time of submitting. I would prOBably rebel and keep the house a mess until they lifted a finger to help.

• Members

Hmmm, my wife has a birthday coming up. Any ladies have a suggestion for what color dusting feathers says happy birthday best? :wub:

Whatever color looks good with your complexion, as you will prOBably be wearing them! :) Actually, I'm not adverse to getting "household helper" appliances for my birthday. I asked for a new vacuum cleaner one year. Another year, I asked for an apple corer/peeler/slicer. But that's just me.

• Members

I can't view the video in the OP (no link on my screen), but I've gotten a kick out of reading the comments about it. I'm getting the idea that it's a preacher trying to give helpful hints to housewives; is that what it is? Does he really suggest using a feather duster? All good housewives know that a feather duster is useless to remove dust. Better to get a Scotch-Brite cloth that actually does trap the dust...or, if you don't want to pay the two bucks, at least use a damp cloth made from a ripped-up T-shirt. Now I'm wondering what other gems this man has to share. They must be good, since he (according to the comments) has never done a household chore himself. What a joke!

EDIT: I think the whole "ironing socks" bit harks back to a pre-elastic era, when men had to wear bands around their legs to hold up their socks. John's right...Most of today's garments can be kept wrinkle-free without ironing them. The only time I ever iron is on Saturday night, in preparation for church the next day. And, lucky me, my (very manly) husband prefers to do his own ironing.

OH, yes he definately suggests giving your wife a feather duster for her birthday. He also says to take away that electric dishwasher and make her wash the dishes by hand.