• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Day I Changed- Salvation happened to me

Guest Guest

• Members
Seth......You are really down on the Pentecostal Church' date=' you surely want to persecute them, wonder why? How do [b']you know what language the Holy Ghost filled person is speaking? Can you speak every language in the world? Duh....I guess your answer would be NO. So why put down people that you know nothing about? By the way, I am Apostolic....which means that I believe in the Apostles doctrine, but I do have the Holy Ghost, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Just because it has not happened to you, doesn't make it not real. May be you don't want the Holy Ghost, because you fear the unknown. Search the scriptures and you will find the truth.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Seth, the above scripture states that you must obey him to receive the wonderful Holy Ghost. Have you obeyed Him? Pray about it and see if your eyes will be opened to the truth.

So which is it, those that "obey" or those who Paul "lays hands on" that receive the Holy Ghost?

I too have received the Holy Ghost and he has sealed me until the day of redemption, thank the Lord Jesus Christ for his work on the cross.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wrote.....So which is it, those that "obey" or those who Paul "lays hands on" that receive the Holy Ghost?

[b][u]It is both[/u][/b]...the ones we lay hands on, and the ones that obey the Word of God. You have to [u][b]believe and obey [/b][/u]the Word of God (Acts 2:38-39) then the laying on of hands of Holy Ghost filled people of today....

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Seth......You are really down on the Pentecostal Church, you surely want to persecute them, wonder why?

Your right I am "down" on them, but I am also "down" on catholics or any other group that tries to pervert the truth of God. As far as "persecute" no, I would like to see their eyes opened and for them come to the knowledge of God. A knowledge many lack all together.

How do you know what language the Holy Ghost filled person is speaking? Can you speak every language in the world? Duh....I guess your answer would be NO. So why put down people that you know nothing about?

I make no claims to know all the languages in the world, but when they never speak in a real language that they don't know(and they don't) they are not speaking tongues like those spoken at Pentecost as they claim.

I do have the Holy Ghost, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Just because it has not happened to you, doesn't make it not real.

Number one, tongues are not an evidence of the Holy Ghost when they aren't real languages, and number two while it certainly can be "real" after a fashion it is not of God.

May be you don't want the Holy Ghost, because you fear the unknown. Search the scriptures and you will find the truth.

I already have the Holy Ghost, I sure don't want something that is going to throw me on the floor and roll me around laughing screaming and babbling as I have seen pentecostal do. That speaks of a spirit alright but not one from God.

Seth, the above scripture states that you must obey him to receive the wonderful Holy Ghost. Have you obeyed Him?

Yes, sure have.

Truly it is written:

"Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you."

By Gods grace this applies to me.

Never the less:

"Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

You know what a "new tongue" is right? it is a language that the individual did not previously know. We clearly see that at pentecost.

I also have enjoyed this discussion, and reading the scriptures. I do not put down anyone's faith or denomination, because we all are trying to get to the end with being in a saved condition. I always say that we can have more of God. A Church of God preacher's wife made a statement to me years ago, and it has stuck with me throughout my life, "We walk in the Light as we see the Light". Some may have more Light in some areas and as we discuss then may be we can see more Light and understand more clearly. I have truly enjoyed all of the post and Seth I hope you will forgive me if I have offended you. But I did tell the truth. All that I said happened to me about receiving the Holy Ghost is very real.

Good-bye...See Ya in the Rapture I hope, well, that is another discussion....LOL

• Members
I was saved on Feb. 25' date=' 1973. I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in another language.[/quote']
Just want to be clear, did you mean in tongues or some sort of physical speaking that people don't understand what you are saying (even the people who say they speak in tongues) or a small still voice?

• Moderators

You left out a couple -- taking up serpents, can I bring over a few copperhead? and drinking any deadly thing - can we watch as you chus a bottle of liquid drano??

I do not put down anyone's faith or denomination, because we all are trying to get to the end with being in a saved condition.

It doesn't matter what we are "trying" to do, what matters is what God has to say about it.

As it is written:

"Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"

And again:

"John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

A Church of God preacher's wife made a statement to me years ago, and it has stuck with me throughout my life, "We walk in the Light as we see the Light".

That isn't how Christians are supposed to walk, Christians are supposed to walk in the light as he is in the light. Every man doing that which is right in his own eyes is part of the problem. Christ is to be the King to the Christian today just as he was to be the King in Israel in the days of the judges, yet the same issue surfaces, rather than obey his voice men do what is right in their own eyes.

I hope you will forgive me if I have offended you.

It isn't that you have "offended" me, the problem is that you are teaching false doctrine which is hurtful to you and others. You have believed a lie and opened yourself wide to the working of another spirit which is not of God.

• Members
I was saved on Feb. 25' date=' 1973. I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in another language, just like the 120 did on the Day of Pentecost in Acts the 2nd chapter. It was really wonderful... experiencing the Supernatural God for myself. Just like the 39th verse it is for us today as it was for them in Acts 2nd Chapter. The Holy Ghost will guide us into all truth and help us overcome temptation . My life really changed when I received the Holy Ghost. Peter was given the keys[u']so we can have power to endure to the end to remain saved to the Kingdom and the keys were to unlock the way to Salvation. When the people in the 2nd Chapter of Acts, ask what they must do, he told them in the 38th verse.... Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.... that was the keys to unlock the way to Heaven.

I do not put down anyone's faith or denomination, because we all are trying to get to the end with being in a saved condition

I received the Holy Ghost the instant I believed on the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart....but I have never spoken in tongues nor had any desire to. The only experiences I had were the same ones the woman of Samaria and the wild man of Gadara had..... real joy flooded my soul, the devil moved out, the Prince of Peace moved in, and there is a longing to be with God which I didn't have before. When God moves into your heart, you will know it. But it was hearing and beleiving the Word of God which brought me to salvation. I trust in what the Bible says ....not my experience. And I trust in Jesus and His finished work to keep me saved. The Bible says I'm sealed unto the day of redemption, saved to the uttermost. It says I have everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation.

You say that you were saved on Feb, 25, 1973, was your salvation permanent? How do you "endure to the end" and how are you "trying tp get to the end in a saved condition"? If you fail to "endure" or stop "trying" will you be lost again? Did you trust in a tingling experience.....to save you? If you did, you are still lost. Or did you put your trust in Jesus and what He did on Calvary? If you put your trust in Jesus alone to save you, you will not have to keep yourself saved. Jesus does the keeping.

• Members
1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

I think this is an important verse to address. It says that a person who speaks in a language is speaking to God because there is no man who can understand him. Why? Because he's speaking in the spirit. Paul went on to say that when he speaks in tongues, his understanding also is unfruitful. This verse and the surrounding verses seem to indicate that this was a language known only to his Spirit and to, of course, God.

• Members

Wouldn't other verses indicate that if such is the case then this sort of "prayer language" is meant as a private matter and not something that should be done in public?

Scripture is clear with regard to other languages being spoken in public that if there is no interpreter then those who can speak in those other languages are to be silent.