• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Day I Changed- Salvation happened to me

Guest Guest

I was saved on Feb. 25, 1973. I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in another language, just like the 120 did on the Day of Pentecost in Acts the 2nd chapter. It was really wonderful... experiencing the Supernatural God for myself. Just like the 39th verse it is for us today as it was for them in Acts 2nd Chapter. The Holy Ghost will guide us into all truth and help us overcome temptation so we can have power to endure to the end to remain saved. My life really changed when I received the Holy Ghost. Peter was given the keys to the Kingdom and the keys were to unlock the way to Salvation. When the people in the 2nd Chapter of Acts, ask what they must do, he told them in the 38th verse.... Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.... that was the keys to unlock the way to Heaven.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The God that dwells within me has fought my battles with temptations of the world. I have an excellent marriage of 39 years, never been separated. I have seen many in my family to receive the Holy Ghost and others in the Church... Jesus has blessed me with everything I need... Most of all, I know that I am a child of the King and my Father has prepared me a mansion in Heaven. ..... 35 years I have felt the Supernatural God in my life, He is just as powerful in my life today. When I praise my God, Jesus, he draws even closer to me, and sometimes we dance with joy together and His spirit within me prays for me, even if I don't know what I need....He does. Yes, I have had a remarkable 35 years with my Savior. Thanks for asking.

When you receive the Holy Ghost, you really can not explain the joy,... the satisfaction,... the excitement,... the closeness to God, ....the feeling of being clean as a newborn baby, but I will try.

When I received the Holy Ghost, which is the Spirit of the Father, Jesus Christ,..... I was praising him for He gave his blood for me on the cross, He was my sacrifice for my sins. I felt a tingling under my tongue, which I kept on praising him because I was so hungry for God, when I was saying .... I love you Jesus...the words came out of my mouth in another language. Even now when I praise Jesus, my Lord and Savior, the Holy Ghost changes my language to His. When you speak in that Heavenly language, the devil does not know what you are saying. When you submit yourself to Jesus, the devil will flee from you.

If you have the Spirit of God dwelling within you...you can listen to a song like The Old Rugged Cross,... and just close your eyes...visulize the cross in your mind...don't say a word....the tears of a contrite spirit will come upon you....you can feel the river of living water come up from your stomach.....your mouth will open and the Holy Ghost will speak through you in praises to Jesus Christ. This is a life changing experience, you won't be the same anymore. The old man will die, and you will be a new creature in Christ Jesus. This is my experience with the Supernatural God that created heaven and earth.

"Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

"Jeremiah 23:31-32 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith. Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD."

"Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?"

"1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

"Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

The devil only knows the Word of God, he can only change the Word, by adding to or taking away?.such as Thou shalt NOT surely die?. The devil only knows what you speak out, he does not know your thoughts, only Jesus knows your thoughts. The devil only can entice you?.Only in your mind, do you choose to accept the deception of the devil?. When the Holy Ghost speaks out of your mouth in that intercessory prayer, the unholy does not understand. In fact, at that time the devil is long gone from your presence.

Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The devil only knows the Word of God, he can only change the Word, by adding to or taking away?

As you are trying to do?

As it is written:

"2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

When the Holy Ghost speaks out of your mouth in that intercessory prayer, the unholy does not understand.

Speaking in "tongues" that are not know languages is going to be one of two things, gibberish made up out of the imaginations of your own heart, OR demonic activity. Some of each goes on. At the very best you are deceived. What does it profit you? It never lines up with the biblical example of tongues. All it does is evoke euphoric feelings in the speaker and is identical to practices of several pagan cultures who also speak in "tongues". If pentecostal types had any power from God as they falsely claim I would have been in trouble long ago because they sure get mad at me often enough. :cool They are blind leaders of the blind that scripture speaks of, they rarely consider the end of their folly. :sad

Seth, you may be speaking against the Holy Ghost. I have only typed scriptures out of the KJV Bible. You should not speak against something you do not know about. I understand that you are not learned in the scriptures. You must study to show yourself approved, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. What I written about is the truth.

Seth, you may be speaking against the Holy Ghost.

Nope. :Green I am speaking against demonic activity and gibberish which people speak out of the imaginations of their own hearts and falsely attribute to God.

You should not speak against something you do not know about.

I do know about the Holy Spirit, I have his presence with me, and "tongues" of the sort Pentecostals speak do not come from him.

What I written about is the truth.

No, it is a lie, and you are powerless just like all the other Pentecostals. This would not be the case if what they(and you) claimed was the truth. Their works, or lack thereof testify against them.

As it is written:

"Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

The early church, when they received the Holy Ghost they spoke in another language. Acts 2nd chapter...and if we obey the Apostles teachings, we will do the same. What was good enough for the 120 on the Day of Pentecost, which included the Apostles, it is good enough for me. If they had not spoke in other languages then no one would have asked the question, What must we do?

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

The early church, when they received the Holy Ghost they spoke in another language. Acts 2nd chapter...and if we obey the Apostles teachings, we will do the same. What was good enough for the 120 on the Day of Pentecost, which included the Apostles, it is good enough for me. If they had not spoke in other languages then no one would have asked the question, What must we do?

They spoke in other languages at Pentecost all right, but it wasn't the gibberish that Pentecostals "say" is tongues today.

If you look at the passage it says:

"Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God."

They spoke real languages then, not gibberish. If pentecostals spoke real languages today when they were "speaking in tongues" we would have to look at it more carefully, as things are we need to remember to try those that say they speak the word of the Lord, and if they are found liars say so.

As it is written:

"Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:"

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

I think those are the life verses of most pentecostals, regardless of the fact they don't understand them. :bonk:

However, if what pentecostals claim is true, and the Lord is speaking through you in "angel tongues" working miracles etc. why don't you do as Paul did in this passage:

"Acts 13:9-11 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand."

I have never yet met any pentecostal with any power like that despite the miracle working claims of many of them. Considering that I feel quite safe posting this. As I am a child of God I am quite sure you can have no power at all against me and you are found a false witness.

Seth......You are really down on the Pentecostal Church, you surely want to persecute them, wonder why? How do you know what language the Holy Ghost filled person is speaking? Can you speak every language in the world? Duh....I guess your answer would be NO. So why put down people that you know nothing about? By the way, I am Apostolic....which means that I believe in the Apostles doctrine, but I do have the Holy Ghost, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Just because it has not happened to you, doesn't make it not real. May be you don't want the Holy Ghost, because you fear the unknown. Search the scriptures and you will find the truth.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Seth, the above scripture states that you must obey him to receive the wonderful Holy Ghost. Have you obeyed Him? Pray about it and see if your eyes will be opened to the truth.