• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

Flourgirl

• Members

Today I had roast beef with  Dijon style potatoes,  runner beans from the garden, carrot

Dijon potatoes.   Potatoes,  cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, shallots  chervil and chives. Baked with grated cheese on top. Recipe calls for fresh  chervil, but you can't buy it in the stores here so I used dry chervil. 

• Members

Tonight I'm thinking about making baked BBQ pork loin chops, frying some yellow squash, and possibly having some mixed vegetables with it. I might actually make some biscuits as well. I've been wanting some for the past few days. I make mine from scratch, as I don't like to use the ones in the roll.  They just don't have the same kind of flavor, and often have far too much sodium. Chocolate ice cream for dessert. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Tonight we had a concoction that we used to eat when we had our two foster sons Timmy and Kyle. Vivian had a pack of Ramen noodles, one pound of hamburger, one onion, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. We also had a can of green peas. We let the boys have an adventure and help decide what to do with it all. After all was cooked and combined with the boys directing the whole way through, we came up with something they loved and we loved as well, and something we ate quite often while they lived with us. We felt a bit nostalgic tonight and Vivian made this delightful dinner, along with a wonderful yeast roll. There's enough left for tomorrow night as well! YUM!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Last night was the second night of my famous meatloaf. I didn't feel like cooking a lot of extra dishes, so I opened a can of Veg All. I ended up eating my meatloaf as two sandwiches. Comfort food is always a good thing.