• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bble History

• Members

Correct, there is no proof for it. However, Matthew and John were likely written to Jewish believers, whereas Mark and Luke were written to Gentiles.

I prefer it not to be so for many reasons obviously. One of those reasons is so that I can tell Jehovah's witnesses that Jesus never called God "Jehovah" in the scriptures once. :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I discovered an example of how primitive the English language was before the KJV when I read a book about the life of William Tyndale. In it they had photocopies of some letters Tyndale had written. In them he had spelled his own name in three or four different ways. Imagine a world without spelling tests.LOL.

Tyndale's handwritten Bible is online. It is pretty interesting:)

http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studies/tyndale/

• Members

I prefer it not to be so for many reasons obviously. One of those reasons is so that I can tell Jehovah's witnesses that Jesus never called God "Jehovah" in the scriptures once. :lol:

Well, Jesus didn't call God "Jehovah." The Hebrew name for God is actually YHWH or Yahweh. In fact, the Watchtower recognizes this but says that it's too much trouble to go about getting everyone to say "Yahweh" instead of "Jehovah."

• 1 month later...

I have read that the bible is simply a book of parables and mythology written by men for men and translated from many languages by a group of men who were in there time called (Scribes) and who in our time called (Jewish Lawyers.)

Is it any wonder that these Jewish lawyers self anointed the Jewish people as God's chosen people???

• Members

I have read that the bible is simply a book of parables and mythology written by men for men and translated from many languages by a group of men who were in there time called (Scribes) and who in our time called (Jewish Lawyers.)

Is it any wonder that these Jewish lawyers self anointed the Jewish people as God's chosen people???

Do you believe in the authority of Scripture?