• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Need suggestions

• Members

Here's something I've been doing: I have a wide margin Bible that I write my own study notes in and I write longer study articles and notes in my Bible software.

Just an idea for reliable study Bibles. :cooldude:

Guest Guest
Hello all.
I am looking for suggestions for a good, reliable study Bible.
I was interested in the KJV Matthew Henry Study Bible, but it is no longer in print.
Can anyone suggest another??
Thanks in advance.

I have a Companion Bible (E. W. Bullinger) and an Old Scofield 1917 edition (C.I. Scofield). If you are a new Christian the New Pilgrim Bible is great. Also Ryrie's (KJV), the Scofield 1909 edition , Scofield II (KJV), John Morris' New Defenders Study Bible and Ed Hinson's/ Jerry Falwell's King James Study Bible. There are a few others if you look around. Remember, you can find something wrong in every study bible. Ex. Bullinger was a hyper-dispensationalist and Scofield would correct the bible on occassions. I'd be leary of Dake's (a Pentecostal).

If you want the king of Reference Bibles dish out 150.00 bucks on The Subject Bible.

Wil

• Members

Im sure you consider this when you read study notes, that they are written by men. Having said that and reminding you of what you already know, I used to have a Ryre study bible (gave it to a friend who needed a god KJV) that I really liked. He, like a lot of comontators has is problems with certain areas but overall is a good reference.

I also like Matthew Henry and have him on the computer in my E-Sword program, and I use my Thompson Chain a lot. My favorite bible is my wide margin that my wife got me from bearing presious seed. No notes, no references, just the Word of God. That is the bible i preach out of. :clap: :thumb

God Bless

• Members

I also have and like the KJV study Bible, a Thomson chain and a Scofield. I've been using the KJV the most lately; like the notes, for the most part, but as has been mentioned, remember: the notes are written by falible men. Be like the Bereans who "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things so." The Thomson Chain is great for doing topical studies. I'd like to try some of the others mentioned, but find it hard moving from an older Bible to a new one. My older ones are dog eared and worn, with a lot of my favorite passages marked, comfortable, like an old friend. Know what I mean?

Guest Guest
Hello all.
I am looking for suggestions for a good, reliable study Bible.
I was interested in the KJV Matthew Henry Study Bible, but it is no longer in print.
Can anyone suggest another??
Thanks in advance.

The Christian bookstore near me has the KJV Matthew Henry Study Bible. Brand new. So it must still be in print.

Wil

• Members

I have actually contacted the publisher, regardingthe Matthew Henry Study Bible. This is out of print and there are no plans to reprint this Bible version. There are few hardcovers on the shelves of stores, but I was looking for a leather bound.