• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanksgiving 2023

Napsterdad

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My favorite holiday. The Pastor Emeritus at our church does a weekly podcast and this week it focuses on Thanksgiving (called Gratitude). You can find it in Apple Podcasts here: From My Heart to Yours en Apple Podcasts, or on Player FM here: Gratitude From My Heart To Yours podcast (player.fm).

Thankfulness is mentioned at least 71 times in the Bible, and Gratitude 157 times. Yet many of us reserve only one day a year to place a special emphasis on this aspect of our walk. The Bible says:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Every day in my prayers I know I express my gratitude to God, but the number of times I make that an emphasis is far fewer than I care to acknowledge. This coming year I hope to do better.

I hope this podcast is a blessing to you, I pray that you all have a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving (from my heart to yours ??)

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving! I spent the holiday with other missionaries I don't see very often, and met some new missionary families. We had a nice time of fellowship. 🙂 

I'm thankful for friendships and family, as well as a reliable car that got me over the mountain, haha! I got spoiled with a new road that cut through the mountains from one side of the island to the other, it cut off a lot of travel time and is much safer. It was closed for whatever reason and I had to take the old mountain road... 😵‍💫