• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Four Horsemen

heartstrings

• Members

I keep seeing people online comparing the colors of the Palestinian flag, and other Islamic flags, to the colors of the four horses of the apocalypse. But the King James calls the last one a "pale" horse instead of "green". Am I missing something? I'm not saying their flags' representations aren't intrinsically evil(I believe they are) But I'm thinking this is a bit of a stretch. No?

• Members

The pale horse translation is not the fascinating one however. Check out the white horse wearing a "corona" and carrying a bow. That is the only time "bow" is translated/transliterated like this.

I have often wondered why the Lord doesn't give a death toll of the four until the fourth. As if it were a culmination of all four.

Fascinating stuff....

• Members
1 hour ago, wretched said:

That is how the tale is spun in many circles after all. I personally wouldn't bet my soul on it but you can do whatever you please....for now.

Neither "theory," can be proven correct at this time, so it's really not worth expending a whole lot of energy into the subject. It's a secondary issue.

• Members

Revelation 1:19
Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

What John hast seen - the vision of Jesus in chapter 1.

The things which are - the church age, pictured by the order of the seven churches in chapters 2-3.

The things which shall be hereafter (ie. after the church age, after the rapture) - the events in heaven (chapters 4-5) leading to the opening of the seals (which is the tribulation period), then the millennium, and then eternity.

After Laodicea (the final era of the church age):

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 11/1/2023 at 10:08 AM, heartstrings said:

I keep seeing people online comparing the colors of the Palestinian flag, and other Islamic flags, to the colors of the four horses of the apocalypse. But the King James calls the last one a "pale" horse instead of "green". Am I missing something? I'm not saying their flags' representations aren't intrinsically evil(I believe they are) But I'm thinking this is a bit of a stretch. No?

I have read many books on prophesy, some very good and some not. If I had a dollar for every author who thinks he is really on to something using types and pictures I would be rich. I agree with you here. That whole thing is a bit of a stretch. I like to stick with what the Bible says and take what people say it means with a grain of salt.

Edited by Joe Chandler