• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Pastor has his own assigned Parkin lot

Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• Members
46 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Just checking, it is not a sin to have a parking that is closer, than the handicapped parking. ? If he, the pastor is fat like me, further might be better.?

Yes the IFB church here has a designated parking spot. I don't think designating that spot is really necessary as most people would know that's where the pastor regularly parks Visitors may be the exception. Of course he's going to be at the church before anyone else so it's really not an issue. Plus the parking lot isn't really large enough for any parking spot to be ridiculously far from the building.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Yes the IFB church here has a designated parking spot. I don't think designating that spot is really necessary as most people would know that's where the pastor regularly parks Visitors may be the exception. Of course he's going to be at the church before anyone else so it's really not an issue. Plus the parking lot isn't really large enough for any parking spot to be ridiculously far from the building.

But he asked the members, if they can leave the closer parking for visitor… ?

• Members
10 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

But he asked the members, if they can leave the closer parking for visitor… ?

Yes visitor parking is far more common from my experience than a designated spot for the Pastor. In most cases I don't even understand the designated visitor parking since most church parking lots are so small that the difference in distance is only about two car lengths at most.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Just checking, it is not a sin to have a parking that is closer, than the handicapped parking. ? If he, the pastor is fat like me, further might be better.?

Why? Does YOUR pastor have a parking space closer than the handicapped parking? I'm a pretty portly guy (I weigh in at 365) and have been disabled since 1997, though I didn't finally apply for disability until 1999. Our pastor at that time had a spot right by the door, but, he was usually in the church by 7:30 AM. He was usually out of the church by 9 AM making shut in visits and other church business. It never bothered me to walk even though it's difficult using a cane, and at times a walker. 

• Members

The church I attend doesn't have a parking lot, I usually have to find parking about a block away. If there's space, the pastor will park next to the church, but it's usually random cars there. The front of the church is roped off so random people don't park there, but that space is usually for bikes and motor scooters. I bought a bike the other day and plan on biking to church on nice days because the parking is so frustrating at times. One thing I do miss about the States is the luxury of parking lots, haha! ?

• Members
10 hours ago, Rebecca said:

The church I attend doesn't have a parking lot, I usually have to find parking about a block away. If there's space, the pastor will park next to the church, but it's usually random cars there. The front of the church is roped off so random people don't park there, but that space is usually for bikes and motor scooters. I bought a bike the other day and plan on biking to church on nice days because the parking is so frustrating at times. One thing I do miss about the States is the luxury of parking lots, haha! ?

Enjoy your bicycle ride… ??‍♀️?‍♂️

• Members
5 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Enjoy your bicycle ride… ??‍♀️?‍♂️

Bringing up bicycles....a pastor friend of ours was killed in Athens, Alabama two days ago while he was riding his bike. It was a hit and run. He was pastor of the Limestone County Cowboy Church. He was only 68. I'm sure his church and family would appreciate our prayers. TIA.

BT

• Administrators

Nah. We rent, so the parking lot belongs to the landlord. So we can't designate anything permanently. Hubs never even parks near the building. He prefers leaving the few spots for those who cannot walk far. I don't think there's anything wrong with designating, if the church so desires. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

If the pastor is asking members to please leave the closer parking for visitors, but he still parks closer than anyone, Is he practicing what he preaches. ?‍♀️?‍♂️

What makes you assume the pastor is the one that assigned that spot?

• Members
58 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Lucky guess, he can spray paint it over and put first time visitors parking. ?

Assuming something like this without proof is akin to backbiting, grumbling, causing dissention, and slander. The Bible talks a lot about these kind of things. A halo'd emoticon doesn't excuse these kinds of things or make it cute.

Edited by BrotherTony