• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Men stopped being leaders...Women took over

• Members
13 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

The picture that you imply with your comments about "a husband who chooses not to lead" seems to be that he is not moving forward at all and/or that he has no agenda of any kind whatsoever at all.  Yet these things are simply not a reality in human existence.  The husband in your scenario above may not "take" the leadership, may not administer leadership, may not show strength of leadership; but it is likely that he does have some form of personal agenda (even if he never directly communicates it) and does move forward in life in some manner.  Now, if he moves forward in life at all, then a wife can indeed follow him simply by waiting for his next step forward and then stepping in behind.

However, for many wives the husband's agenda simply does not fit with her agenda, so she dominates over his agenda with her own, until his agenda simply becomes to "keep his wife happy, to do whatever she wants." Indeed, for many wives the husband moves forward more slowly than she prefers or in a different direction than she prefers, thus she excuses her dominance over him by simply claiming that he is not leading aright; and since he is not a "strong" leader, he simply steps in behind her and follows her.

When you mentioned he’s not a strong leader, is this physically and spiritually? He can fight, rather than follow her. Shape up or ship out women, find one that will follow.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

However, for many wives the husband's agenda simply does not fit with her agenda, so she dominates over his agenda with her own, until his agenda simply becomes to "keep his wife happy, to do whatever she wants." Indeed, for many wives the husband moves forward more slowly than she prefers or in a different direction than she prefers, thus she excuses her dominance over him by simply claiming that he is not leading aright; and since he is not a "strong" leader, he simply steps in behind her and follows her.

Having posted above, my ponderings on the matter continued.  Thus I present some further thoughts:

We often teach our men that some of the most important phrases for a happy home are - Yes, dear; I was wrong, dear; whatever you want, dear. Then we wonder why we have no male leadership in our homes.

We say things like - Happy wife, happy life.  But is this universally true.  What if making my wife happy makes my God unhappy?  Will that result in a happy life?  Well, it might in the short term; but it definitely will not in the long term.  Adam made his wife "happy" when he chose to eat the fruit with her.  Did it result in a "happy life?"  Not for him, nor for the rest humanity either.  Abraham made his wife "happy" when he took her advise to beget a child by Hagar.  Did it result in a "happy life?"  Not really for him, for her, or for the Middle East unto the present day.  

• Members
30 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Having posted above, my ponderings on the matter continued.  Thus I present some further thoughts:

We often teach our men that some of the most important phrases for a happy home are - Yes, dear; I was wrong, dear; whatever you want, dear. Then we wonder why we have no male leadership in our homes.

We say things like - Happy wife, happy life.  But is this universally true.  What if making my wife happy makes my God unhappy?  Will that result in a happy life?  Well, it might in the short term; but it definitely will not in the long term.  Adam made his wife "happy" when he chose to eat the fruit with her.  Did it result in a "happy life?"  Not for him, nor for the rest humanity either.  Abraham made his wife "happy" when he took her advise to beget a child by Hagar.  Did it result in a "happy life?"  Not really for him, for her, or for the Middle East unto the present day.  

Thank you sharing, I’ll put myself in the firing range. My wife is a very spiritual and Godly woman, but is super controlling. Not just to me, but everyone. I had a very hard time raising our children because of this. Yes, many of times, I wished to be alone and single. Not to find a new woman, but peace. I do fall in the followers type, unfortunately. Keep me in your prayers thank you.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members

I've heard a pastor say, on more than one occasion. "Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a woman is to love her husband" which was right in the middle of one of these "it's all the man's fault for not leading" sermons. No, it does not directly tell women to love their husbands, that part is true; it tells husbands "love your wives" in more than one passage. . Does that mean that God does not want women to love their husbands then? No. 

Titus2

1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.  3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands(mentioned first), to love their children(mentioned second), 5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I would say that at least 99% of young mothers would say and demonstrate that they "love their children". Many if not most would say "I put my children first". Well, if that young woman is still married, therein lies a devastating problem. Titus 2 verse 4 says that young women must be taught by 'aged women" to love their husbands, to love their children. Why would a young woman who already loves her children need to be taught to do so?  If young wives don't love their husbands first it makes for a less than happy environment for the children, and they suffer because of it. There are some things young ladies need to know that only older women have the qualification and the life experience to teach and some things which would not be received well if taught by any man; even a preacher, or a husband so, the Word of God, in all it's wisdom prescribes Godly "aged women" for this responsibility. A Godly woman can teach young women how to truly love hubby and the kids and how to avoid "tearing their homes down with their hands". So, older ladies can either teach "Feminism 101" or how to have a happy home like the lady in Proverbs 31. There again, this is another example of "leadership". 

Edited by heartstrings
grammar and clarification

• 7 months later...
  • Members
On 8/14/2023 at 11:09 AM, heartstrings said:

I've heard a pastor say, on more than one occasion. "Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a woman is to love her husband" which was right in the middle of one of these "it's all the man's fault for not leading" sermons. No, it does not directly tell women to love their husbands, that part is true; it tells husbands "love your wives" in more than one passage. . Does that mean that God does not want women to love their husbands then? No. 

Titus2

1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.  3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands(mentioned first), to love their children(mentioned second), 5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I would say that at least 99% of young mothers would say and demonstrate that they "love their children". Many if not most would say "I put my children first". Well, if that young woman is still married, therein lies a devastating problem. Titus 2 verse 4 says that young women must be taught by 'aged women" to love their husbands, to love their children. Why would a young woman who already loves her children need to be taught to do so?  If young wives don't love their husbands first it makes for a less than happy environment for the children, and they suffer because of it. There are some things young ladies need to know that only older women have the qualification and the life experience to teach and some things which would not be received well if taught by any man; even a preacher, or a husband so, the Word of God, in all it's wisdom prescribes Godly "aged women" for this responsibility. A Godly woman can teach young women how to truly love hubby and the kids and how to avoid "tearing their homes down with their hands". So, older ladies can either teach "Feminism 101" or how to have a happy home like the lady in Proverbs 31. There again, this is another example of "leadership". 

I listen to a woman that gave a great biblical study. No to preaching, but teaching a class okay In these times,that we are living? 😇

• Members
57 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I listen to a woman that gave a great biblical study. No to preaching, but teaching a class okay In these times,that we are living? 😇

1 Timothy 2:12-15

King James Version

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2023 at 10:13 AM, Joe Chandler said:

Proverbs 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Show me a domineering woman and I'll show you confused children, They produce very aggressive or very effeminate boys and another generation of domineering girls. I have seen this in Christian families as well as lost families. Why the Bible doesn't correct this in the Christian family is beyond me.

The Bible does correct/rebuke this type behavior in several places. It's too many modern-day pastors who seem to have trouble following suit.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
2 hours ago, heartstrings said:

The Bible does correct/rebuke this type behavior in several places. It's too many modern-day pastors who seem to have trouble following suit.

I might be sinnng listening to her teach a class. But I’m forgiven.😇

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I might be sinnng listening to her teach a class. But I’m forgiven.😇

This attitude is why many of our churches are a mess. 

• Members
8 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

This attitude is why many of our churches are a mess. 

Those evil women BT, you can’t live with them and without them. Remember she was not preaching. Can she evangelize like the woman that met Jesus, at the well? Can she do good on the Sabbath? 

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Those evil women BT, you can’t live with them and without them. Remember she was not preaching. Can she evangelize like the woman that met Jesus, at the well? Can she do good on the Sabbath? 

Still...the verse posted to you was clear....Women aren't evil, and their intentions may have been good...still, it says that women should not be teaching in a mixed group. Sorry...don't compare their actions with the actions of Christ and his work on the Sabbath. You're truly lacking in your exegesis.

• Members

The devil hates and wants to destroy the family. Feminism, Femininization of men, masculinization of women, domination by women, open disrespect and vilification of men by society, abuse of women and children, our education system, government and our judicial system are all part of the many ploys and avenues the devil uses to destroy the family. Destroying God's order at the very basic level, in the home, I think is the most devastating. But he even works in churches; not just by the teaching of the wrong things, but failing to teach some of the right things. (1 Peter 4:17)