• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you Saved, I think so...

TheGloryLand

• Members

How can you tell if a Christian is Saved (born again)? This easily happens, when a person is not shown the Bible. If the person did not confess, realize that he or she is a sinner, that needs a savior. They might be still lost. Just praying and letting the Holy Spirit do everything might not be enough. Opening the Bible and sharing it, brings assurance to the new believer. 

• Members
20 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

How can you tell if a Christian is Saved (born again)? This easily happens, when a person is not shown the Bible. If the person did not confess, realize that he or she is a sinner, that needs a savior. They might be still lost. Just praying and letting the Holy Spirit do everything might not be enough. Opening the Bible and sharing it, brings assurance to the new believer. 

All you can go by is their profession of faith and eventual fruit bearing. Once you start bringing in all these other criteria, like if they responded to an altar call, you'll end up with nobody being saved except, of course, yourself.

• Members
7 minutes ago, SureWord said:

All you can go by is their profession of faith and eventual fruit bearing. Once you start bringing in all these other criteria, like if they responded to an altar call, you'll end up with nobody being saved except, of course, yourself.

I got saved after a church visit many years ago. They did a follow-up visit and share the gospel with me. They open the Bible to me, this can be done at church or anywhere.  An altar call is simply telling those lost souls. Can I show you in the Bible, where you can know for sure that you can be saved.

• Members
20 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Nobody can become a true Christian without repenting of their sin and acknowledging their need for a savior. The only way we're told to judge whether or not they are Christians is by the fruit they bring forth. 

Question...are you saying that the work of the Holy Spirit is of little or no value? I hope I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to convey here. The people don't necessarily have to be "shown" anything. Just hearing the Word is enough for the Spirit to convict of sin.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Nobody can become a true Christian without repenting of their sin and acknowledging their need for a savior. The only way we're told to judge whether or not they are Christians is by the fruit they bring forth. 

Question...are you saying that the work of the Holy Spirit is of little or no value? I hope I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to convey here. The people don't necessarily have to be "shown" anything. Just hearing the Word is enough for the Spirit to convict of sin.

The Holy Spirit can leads us to Christ, without the help of reading the Bible. But the Spirit, point us to his Word. For there are fue of us, myself included, that can memorize all the chapters and verses needed, not leaving any of God Words out, for sharing the gospel of Salvation. 

• Members
42 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

The Holy Spirit can leads us to Christ, without the help of reading the Bible. But the Spirit, point us to his Word. For there are fue of us, myself included, that can memorize all the chapters

and verses needed, not leaving any of God Words out, for sharing the gospel of Salvation. 

IMG_0440.jpeg

Edited by TheGloryLand