• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I’ll make you fishers of men and women

• Members

Jesus, did not say man and woman. Why?  
I’m glad the LGBTQX movement, haven’t twisted this verse. ?

Matt.4

1. [19] And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mark.1

1. [17] And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

Edited by Jim_Alaska
corrected the word "woman's"

• Members
15 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Jesus, did not say man and woman. Why?  
I’m glad the LGBTQX movement, haven’t twisted this verse. ?

Matt.4

1. [19] And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mark.1

1. [17] And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

He didn't address them that way because the society was patriarchal. 

• Members

Genesis 1:27- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I Peter 3:3,4- Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

• Members
6 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Genesis 1:27- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I Peter 3:3,4- Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Application? ?

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

As in a "mankind" typology. Not as a physical male. 

Wrong. Man is created in God's image and man is made up of male and female. No typology at all unless you are saying Adam and Eve are a type of man.

• Members
26 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Wrong. Man is created in God's image and man is made up of male and female. No typology at all unless you are saying Adam and Eve are a type of man.

To use your word.... wrong. Read Jim's take on the subject.... seems to be the same as mine. ?