• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Climate change it’s 87° in February

Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• Members
24 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

That's sad...They should open their live stream up to everyone and turn the comments off. They're not reaching everyone if they're not presenting themselves to the public. There's such a thing as being too "INDEPENDENT." 

Some just want to stay out of the high lights. I know some people that don’t like even taking a picture. Like, if it were to come back later, and haunt them. I don’t think it has to do with Independent from the World.

• Members
50 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Some just want to stay out of the high lights. I know some people that don’t like even taking a picture. Like, if it were to come back later, and haunt them. I don’t think it has to do with Independent from the World.

Morales...what is a church supposed to be doing? Outreach...building the kingdom. We as individual Christians, THE CHURCH, should be doing so. I believe that if Pastor Stoddard wants to limit his outreach, that's his and his church's business, but I don't agree with it. Yes, some want to limit their being in the view of others. 

• Administrators
  • Solution
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

That's sad...They should open their live stream up to everyone and turn the comments off. They're not reaching everyone if they're not presenting themselves to the public. There's such a thing as being too "INDEPENDENT." 

I visit this church because it's a church that keeps to itself so they really don't know me, so I could just sit there and enjoy (most) the service. But I will say this, this is one of those churches where sometimes it's a good thing it's not a public live stream. If you know what I mean. Not doctrine, just different. 

• Members
4 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I visit this church because it's a church that keeps to itself so they really don't know me, so I could just sit there and enjoy (most) the service. But I will say this, this is one of those churches where sometimes it's a good thing it's not a public live stream. If you know what I mean. Not doctrine, just different. 

That's acceptable. It's their church, they can do what they want. I'm not a member there. I just don't see it that way. If they're a church, they need to be accessible in every way possible...They're not. 

• Members
53 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I went there and heard Larry Brown preach, and all I was thinking was praise the Lord that this is not accessible to the public live stream. He had some very crude jokes I didn't appreciate

I've witnessed that with many preachers...Those pastors/speakers should be held to account. They're not representing the Lord in an appropriate manner. Some pastors are finally starting to call out and censure some of these types. Praise the Lord for that. 

Some churches don't live stream, but record to put up on YouTube later after editing. Editing is a good friend of many churches, and it surely is a friend of those in voiceovers. ?

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 2/25/2023 at 5:20 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

You must be up near Jacksonville. I lived in Jax Beach back in the sixties and remember we had weather cold enough that we had to drain our radiators and put anti freeze in one time.

I think the Sun Coast is a lot nicer, I lived there for six years back in the seventies. I liked the weather and the area a lot better than the Treasure Coast. But, that was just a personal preference.

And then, I went from Florida to Alaska. I like extremes I guess. ??

We live about 240 miles south of Jacksonville, the First Coast.  Our oldest daughter moved to the Sun Coast and now we spend more time over there.  It's nice but like living in Fort Lauderdale, very crowded with many inconsiderate people. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 2/25/2023 at 5:20 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

And then, I went from Florida to Alaska. I like extremes I guess. ??

I was in a few countries while in the Marines. My favorite? Norway. I lived there for over a month in the winter and a few weeks in the summer. The cold was so refreshing. The people were very nice in Overbygd where we stayed. Way up north. I am a certified Bluenose. 

• Members
20 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I am not sure why there are some Christians, that don't believe the climate is changing somewhat. I see some changes all around. We don't need to be against these changes here. ??

These things go in cycles, and records of temperatures and conditions have only been being kept for the past 100 to 150+ years or so. Some just aren't as willing to drink the Kool aid as others.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I am not sure why there are some Christians, that don't believe the climate is changing somewhat. I see some changes all around. We don't need to be against these changes here. ??

What Bro. Tony said is true, TGL...and any scientist who's worth his salt will admit it. Climate is cyclical. If you can find it, go back and look at the records from when they began recording weather and you'll see that it's the truth. There have been times when the earth has "cooled" (by VERY few degrees) and times when it has "warmed..."  But politicians found out how to capitalize on it (read: Al Gore and Newt Gingrich) and began in the 70s to call it global cooling. However, by the 90s they saw a change, so they called it warming. Then they realized how foolish they looked when places that normally didn't get a lot of snow were dumped on...so they changed it to climate change.

They are not referencing the fact that climate changes and is cyclical. No, no.  What they mean is that man is destroying the ozone (and they cite the ozone hole - which grows and shrinks as God set it up to do). Cows are destroying the ozone...which is why the FDA just approved Bill Gates' fake meat...get rid of the cows and make lab grown meat cuz climate change.

It is a political tool made to fool people. Again, do some research. It truly is fascinating stuff to see how VERY LITTLE the temps of the earth have actually changed since recording began.  I do believe the climate changes. God said it did. He calls it summer, winter, springtime, and harvest. And He promised that those seasons - those climate changes - would continue while the earth stands. I'm not against the cyclical changes of climate...I'm against the liars trying to destroy our earth by pushing their agenda and making us pay for it.