• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is it getting harder to find a Christian woman…

Go to solution Solved by Rebecca,

• Members

Time are changing, and love is on the rocks. Not choosing Christ, the solid rock. I’m not blaming all the young ladies, but many are moving up in this modern time. Some might be saying, I don’t need to be controlled by anyone at this time. Forgetting that the man is the head of the home. I can take care of my own home, which is true. Forgetting being fruitful and multiplying the family. Pray for your children, for we are living in trouble times.

Leaving Over It GIF by Apple TV+

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Time are changing, and love is on the rocks. Not choosing Christ, the solid rock. I’m not blaming all the young ladies, but many are moving up in this modern time. Some might be saying, I don’t need to be controlled by anyone at this time. Forgetting that the man is the head of the home. I can take care of my own home, which is true. Forgetting being fruitful and multiplying the family. Pray for your children, for we are living in trouble times.

Leaving Over It GIF by Apple TV+

Have you got documented proof of your assertions, TGL? Seems like you continuously are posting negative things instead of things that uplift others. In society itself what you are saying is possibly correct...but I have seen only a small amount of this in the Christian churches. Maybe you need to be checking the circle of churches you're associated with if these events are taking place. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

It’s harder to find Christians in the world living the image of Christ period. Find your self a good church and you won’t struggle finding Christians men or woman. 

This is a good answer.

46 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Have you got documented proof of your assertions, TGL? Seems like you continuously are posting negative things instead of things that uplift others. In society itself what you are saying is possibly correct...but I have seen only a small amount of this in the Christian churches. Maybe you need to be checking the circle of churches you're associated with if these events are taking place. 

This is a bad answer.

• Members
  • Solution

As a single woman, I could say the same of Christian men, where are they? But I already know the answer. They are out there serving God. The same is true of Christian women, we are out there serving God. If you can't find us, it's because you're not looking in the right places. 

Remember what God told Elijah when he despaired that he was the only one left serving God? God said there were 7,000 others out there serving Him faithfully. (II Kings 19:14-18) The world may seem to us as if there are no good Christians left in the area in which we live, but God knows the truth. He knows the number of people around the world and in your town who are faithfully serving Him.  Just like in Elisha's day, we aren't the only ones.  

Also, the attitude that "head of the home" = "control" is offensive and unbiblical. Of course I don't want someone controlling me, that would be oppression, not freedom in Christ or a loving marriage. The two terms are not equal. 

• Members
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

This is a good answer.

This is a bad answer.

I don't see it as a bad answer, Morales. I believe it's quite correct in the fact that you've consistently posted negative posts. TBH, we can all do with a little more positivity these days instead of the tearing down of Christianity. There's enough of that from the outside. 

Our church has had several great Christian young ladies get married this past year. It's great to see new Christian families started, and another new generation of people training up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.