• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How important is it to be a Virgin in the ministry today...

TheGloryLand

• Members

Through out the years of my living, it appear to me less importance in the ministry. People and times are changing, before the man was the weaker vessel, in temptation. Now young ladies are not satisfied, with men being polite, waiting. The man was always the blame for not waiting to have sex, no longer. I'm not saying all woman, but a higher percentage of them are on fire. Men don't need to try hard or ask too, its has become a game. Part time lovers, nobody gets hurt. Sad

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Members

I don't get what you are asking. God's commandments have not changed. Yes, many in our day are no longer virgins, but in regards to this thread, we are to look at God's Word and His precepts and commands, not the world. You can't undo no longer being a virgin, but if someone still is, they can certainly strive to be pure - especially if they plan to be used in the ministry. God will forgive the sin of our past, especially when it is prior to coming to Christ. However, sexual sin as a believer does have consequences in regards to how the Lord can use us in the ministry. Some sins do disqualify someone from being a pastor, for example.

• Members
49 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Through out the years of my living, it appear to me less importance in the ministry. People and times are changing, before the man was the weaker vessel, in temptation. Now young ladies are not satisfied, with men being polite, waiting. The man was always the blame for not waiting to have sex, no longer. I'm not saying all woman, but a higher percentage of them are on fire. Men don't need to try hard or ask too, its has become a game. Part time lovers, nobody gets hurt. Sad

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Say what? Have you got data to back up those claims? How was man the "weaker vessel" in temptation? Eve was the one who was deceived. Man willingly surrendered his innocence to eat of the fruit of the tree. That may make him weaker in some peoples opinion, but I see it as him sidestepping the responsibility of leading his mate in doing what God had commanded. Also, on the rest of your statement...have anything to back up those claims?

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, Salyan said:

This doesn’t seem like an appropriate post, somehow. 

Yes, although you have to consider the source. TGL cannot seem to post anything that is not controversial. As far as he is concerned, the more controversial the better.

Sorry TGL, but I, and I suspect others, are getting a bit tired of this kind of posting. 

• Members
26 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Yes, although you have to consider the source. TGL cannot seem to post anything that is not controversial. As far as he is concerned, the more controversial the better.

Sorry TGL, but I, and I suspect others, are getting a bit tired of this kind of posting. 

I understand, and thank you for speaking out. Do you want to delete this post, as you are a administrator.

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

TGL, you didn't break any forum rules. So there is no reason to delete the post.

Thank you Jim, I know that my posts many are not things we would like to talk about, and some are very negative, but somebody have to speak out and share the negative. I guess, I was chosen for this job. I believe in the future many will come back to read some of my negative post, and say he was right. I also believe that this Baptist forum, someday will be deleted, from the Internet or WWW. Com